Monday, October 01, 2012

A Wonderful Weekend in the Sewing Cave

Sometimes I just need to spend quality time in the sewing cave working on pieces. I've completed two more garments in The City in Winter Wardrobe so now that these are done, I will be moving onto the next item.  


A marathon of ER played on my television as I wallowed in and enjoyed the sewing journey.  The chocolate wool crepe bottoms...Simplicity 5194 skirt and my TNT lined pants are finished items two and three from the collection.  The great thing about these three pieces is that I can make two separate outfits.

So I'm moving on to the next garment which I think will be the Vogue 8828 dress. I only have one day next weekend to sew and I believe that I can get most of the dress made then.  The military style jacket (Vogue 8208) will probably need at least two weekends since I really want to make a wearable muslin first...a wearable muslin because this will be the first time making this pattern and I want to check out it's "wearability factor" before I commit to using my good fabric on this jacket pattern.  

See lately I've preferred cardigans to jackets over my separate pieces but winter is coming and I so like to be warm! *smile*  So those are my sewing plans for the next couple of weeks.

...and pictures of the completed garments on me soon!


16 comments:

  1. I love sewing with tv shows, too. Lately I've been having a CSI fest in my sewing room, but you've inspired me now. I'm going to order some ER! Your new collection is shaping up well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently in Sewing Frustration Land. We're trying to find homes for five kittens (was seven) and I really can't bring myself to take any of my good fabric out in fear they will destroy it. So right now I'm just working on making new TNT patterns from which to make lots of things.

    Getting over that hump of getting the fit right is hard, though. I want the completed garment NOW!! *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look lovely. Your productivity and style is inspiring!
    -sewingelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! You are such an efficient sewer. I don't think I have enough experience to sew in front of the TV, I still need to c o n c e n t r a t e!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very nice pieces. Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your sewing Ideas and I reallllly love that cardigan pattern. It is so Versatile I just wish it was not out of print. I to am trying to get my MoJo back, it can be so hard. I am glad to have yours back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this is the result of wallowing, clearly I need to do more wallowing in my sewing room! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cardigan. The skirt and pants are very useful. Great start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice pieces that will really coordinate with a lot! Good luck on your winter wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabric of the cardigan.
    There's nothing quite like a satisfying sewin marathon!
    Carolyn, thank you for your suggestions for naming my Mini Wardrobe. At the last second, I decided to name it The Stormy Skies Collection!!! Not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smashing! I'm loving that cardigan and the colors of this wardrobe. Perfect for this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the print on that sweater--very current! You'll be nice and toasty this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabric the cardi is made of is to die for. It's so rich and lush looking! I can't wait to see the rest of this collection

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the fabric for your cardi,very nice. I also enjoy when I have time for a sewing marathon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with that cardigan! Fab!

    I'm with you on having a collection of TNTs where you can make the same style in 10 different fabrics, perhaps change a design detail or two...and no one would even guess that it is the same pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails