Friday, October 05, 2012

Threads & Sew Stylish are now on my iPad!

I've received an email several times in the last couple of weeks about Threads Magazine being available (FINALLY) on my iPad.  The first couple of emails said that as a subscriber I could sign up by checking my magazine label.  Okay, good idea!  The problem is that I'm never where my magazine is...*sigh*  Then finally  I received an email with MY subscription information in it.  Okay whatever programmer at Threads thought that up should be given a bonus!  Cause then it was just a matter of downloading the app, signing in with the thoughtfully supplied info, and downloading the issue.


But wait, I'm roaming around the app and what do I find ~ the latest issue of Sew Stylish!  Y'know I purchased that issue through my iTunes account, so now I have both issues downloaded on my iPad and will be able to read them on the very long bus rides home...just an aside my commute home from work has been hellish this week...can I say that again hellish!  

Anyway, I'm thrilled!  Absolutely thrilled!  Now Threads if you're listening, if you can make it so that I can send a picture or article to my email address, so that I can print them/it out like Elle Magazine offers, I would be over the moon happy!  Cause every now and then a girl needs to have a picture on a piece of paper or wants to share an article with a friend.

Now I don't know if this is available for the Kindle yet but since I'm an Apple girl (who has way too many Apple gadgets!) I'm thrilled.  Oh yeah, I said that already didn't I.  *LOL*  One more thing, the app is available for your iPhone too.  Okay I'm off to check out the new issues...

...and I will have pictures this weekend of several new pieces...

...as always more later! 

10 comments:

  1. It is available on the KindleFire, but when I tried to access from the app with my subscriber info, it said to try again later...I still haven't been able to connect. Oh, well...I guess I'll keep trying. Isn't it neat??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look at the latest eamil. The first ones said I needed my subscriber number, as you said. The problem is I always remove my mailing label as soon as the magazine arrives. So I don't have my number! I haven't got around to calling the company yet - and the time difference between the coasts doesn't help me, either. I have Real Simple on my iPad, and I love it - so easy to find a recipe and cook from the iPad in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! I wonder if it will be available in the UK. iTunes segments through regions, to keep the prices up where possible. Very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way at the bottom of the Threads magazine website on the right side you can click on Customer Service. They also have a toll free number that answers with a real person right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added this to my Ipad as soon as I could and told DH. Funny how he understood my excitement. Then I decided not to download it onto my iphone, because it would be just too tempting at the office:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got an Ipad and I love it for sewing - it's great for referencing tutorials and sew-a-longs! I'll have to look into threads - I never buy magazines because they just create clutter, but I'd love to get it on the Ipad. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also read Threads on my iPad. I really love the online video's though from Lois Cutting. For subscribers it was only 12.00 for the year. I'm really enjoying those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I downloaded it today! it looks great I think. Do you have any other sewing-fabric-fashion-related recommendations for iPad access? My iPad is hours old and Threads is one of the first app's that I downloaded.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can actually download several issues, if your subscription includes that many. I think I downloaded the last three or four issues of Threads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I have an iPAD and iPhone...thanks for mentioning this. I stopped my subscription for Threads (collecting too many magazines since I get both Ottobre and Burda). I bought the magazines on DVD and love that, however this may be great for going forward.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails