Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mission Accomplished...

I had a pretty intense "hope to sew" list that was actually more realistic than in years past.  I deleted one item from the list because I already owned something similar.  And I didn't start the pants because even though I finished Vogue 8824, I made a journey out of a simple dress pattern that ended up taking all of yesterday evening/night and up to this afternoon to finish.

Then it was picture time...ohmygoodness, why do I wait until I have so many items to photograph because I'm really NOT a model.  I try to use my daughter's precious time wisely but I miss living with her when she could snap a few photos quickly after the garment was finished.  Anyway, it was a good weekend.  I need to decompress a little from two screaming grandchildren...I've forgotten how little people only speak in one decibel, LOUD!

So how about some outtake photos tonight.  There are five outfits that need to be discussed/rehashed/explained away...and I still need to go upstairs and make another pass through my closet because we've scheduled a Salvation Army pick-up for tomorrow.  I've created quite a few garments this past year so I need to make space in my closet.  I only did a mini-purge when I moved last year.  The last full purge was 18 months ago so I'm ready to get rid of more pieces.

A few more things...

~I will make Vogue 8824 again...probably several times because I've already thought of a few garments that I want to add to my wardrobe.

~Two of the garments I made this weekend were part of my Mood requirement, so check out the Mood Sewing Network blog to see not only those garments before they appear here but also to see some of my fellow Mood bloggers outfits!

~I try to remember to use my camera phone when taking pictures but I always forget.  I would like to Instagram something other than flat or Lulu shoots of finished pieces.

~Next weekend I'm going to work on a piece or two of the CIW Collection because it's December after that and I have some Christmas sewing that I want to do.  Not much but I'll need at least two weekends especially since I have a lot of activities scheduled for December.

So some pics...

 One little girl who has had enough

"Oh really!" says the Little Prince!

Waving to a little one...

Searching for a new pose...

Blurry me...

...and as always more later!



6 comments:

  1. Your outtakes are fun because I can see you are having fun. :) Good job for getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the outtakes! They are so much fun. And my goodness, you are right about how loud little ones are - amazing how you forget when you're not immersed in little ones lives daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea you for so much accomplished. I love the outtakes. So much fun! Can't wait to see all the explaining. g

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the outtakes too! You look so happy being with your family. Congrats on getting so much sewing done. Looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved looking at your pictures!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see/read all the details..I had to comment on that handsome young man, er "little prince", he is turning into Prince Charming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails