Crane on W.57th from the conference room next to my desk
- It's a funny thing...right after I wrote that last blog post, my internet service went out again and IS still out! Last night they told me that it would be on in the next 24 hours, so we shall see.
- I'm at work today, that's how I'm posting this but we have no heat in the building since they finally lashed the daymun crane down yesterday. Even though I dressed warmly, it's still rather chilly in here...like I'm wearing gloves and a scarf!
- We got cable back last night so I now know that there's a Nor' Easter coming to town on Wednesday, well truthfully I'd heard it on the radio on Thursday so I didn't put anything besides my sewing machines and ironing board back into the sewing cave. Who knows what this one will bring?
- I'm definitely not complaining...it was bad in my world for a few days but not as bad as for a few friends who ARE still without power, heat & hot water and access to their streets because of trees and wires down...or the people in Lower Manhattan or Staten Island.
- I never sewed this weekend. It didn't seem like vacation days and the atmosphere just wasn't conducive to sewing.
- We went to the Mall Friday evening and out to dinner because the food stores are just starting to be restocked. I shopped. I never shop but I bought stuff...*sigh*
- Hopefully I feel like sewing this weekend, but who knows!
Just wanted to provide another update for any who are wondering...