Saturday, November 24, 2012

Three Days into a Four Day Weekend

So far the sewing has been good.  I'm more than 1/2 way through to accomplishing my list...so I'm thrilled.  Here's a picture of the finished pieces so far...

The wool flare dress completed.
The jacket with the sleeves removed and made into a vest
The new wool knit version of Burda 8869

From my "I hope to sew this weekend" list, I've removed an ivory or white version of my Vogue 1250 top.  


I remembered that I had one I made several years ago (2008) from the Sewing Workshop Mission Top which works perfectly with the cardigan.


This is the fabric and zipper trim for Vogue 8824.  I needed to do a little research into the type of pockets I want to add to the dress.  I'm not a huge fan of patch pockets but I didn't want to remove the idea of a pocket from the dress since it's integral to its design.  I'm thinking of adding some type of zippered pocket to the dress, that's why the Riri zippers are included in the picture.

I've made the alterations to the pattern so I'm moving onto cutting out the fabric.  I'm also contemplating adding a lining to the dress because of the pockets but I'm not sure.  So once again I've taken a simple dress and complicated it by adding additional techniques.  

Of course, this will cut down on my ability to make the pants which are the final garment on my list. I don't want to rush the construction of the dress.  I may be able to complete it this evening or it may roll over into tomorrow which can present a challenge since tomorrow is picture taking day.  Hopefully I will get a burst of energy, complete the dress and manage to eek out the pants too.

...as always more later!




10 comments:

  1. You're on a roll, Carolyn. Hopefully your progress will ignite a spark in my sewjo. I look forward to reading about the second and third garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are moving right along! I also look forward to the finished garments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy bee you are. You can't stop a woman with a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are inspiring me to get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! I couldn't even finish ONE blouse this weekend, although I'm hoping to do that tomorrow. Can't wait for your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been very productive! Send some mojo my way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a tutorial in Threads magazine from January 2011 about sewing patch pockets without topstiching. I did this with some ponte knit and it works beautifully. Have you tried this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you are a sewing MACHINE!
    (heheehehe) Awesome new pieces; especially loving the houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails