Last week I posted a pic on Instagram of a green floral linen and an out of print Tomatsu pattern ~ Vogue 2090.
I've wanted to make a knee length shirtdress for awhile now. I've bought several patterns that tickled my fancy over the years...but I haven't used one of them. When putting the sewing room back together, I touched this pattern and remembered how much I liked making and wearing the dresses made from it. So I pulled it out to make another.
This weekend, however, I realized that a solid color dress works better in my corporate lifestyle but I couldn't decide on a blue or pink linen. Since there is plenty of linen in the collection, I pulled three that I wanted to consider. They were all purchased from Fabric Mart last year or the year before.
A medium wt. pink linen
A denim colored medium wt. linen
This pink linen is brighter IRL than pictured
They were pretreated using the methods in this post. Doing three pieces at once ate up a lot of my day and popped the fuse box! Now that I have pretreated the three pieces, chosen the blue one as the one to make next and cut it out using my altered pattern, I'm all set for the weekend. So even though I didn't finish anything, I did all of the prep work and that was good enough.
...as always more later!