Making the skirt ~
- I wrapped this fabric around me.
- Cut it off at a length I liked.
- Turned it up twice and hemmed it using stitch witchery in the first turn of the hemline and then stitching it down after the second turn.
- Added a casing for some 1" elastic.
- Inserted the elastic and stitched it down on either side.
- Sewed up the side seam - leaving 12" for a side slit.
- Skirt done.
Yeah that was quick and easy. I bought the black & white ITY Cavelli knit from Fabric Mart a couple of months ago. I'd planned on making the skirt prior to the sewing room reorg because I had a casual evening event that I'd wanted to wear it to. I ended up wearing another maxi dress from my collection but this fabric never made it back onto the shelves.
My likes ~
- It was quick to make yet trendy due to the black & white print.
- I love the "Just Cavelli" name inserted into the print.
- It's easy to wear - I love maxi anything in the spring/summer.
- It works with quite a few tops in my summer wardrobe.
- It was quick and easy!
A few more pics ~
Trying the skirt on to
find the right hem length
A wonderful and comfortable skirt which is easy to wear! It was a lot of bang for the buck and a great way to jumpstart my sewing mojo!
...as always more later!