Thursday, June 25, 2015

Onward and Upward

Well I've been at my job for four weeks now and I'm starting to feel settled in. I've developed a few routines and figured out what I'm comfortable wearing. I'm still a little more dressed than some of the other office peeps but this is it...this is as casual as I can get! *LOL*  Even though I did wear jeans to work one day...but it was pouring rain and I really appreciated the ability to wear them to work THAT day!

I think my sewing mojo is attempting to raise it's little head. I might have to force it to come back because I go on vacation July 17th and I need a vacay wardrobe...well a few pieces anyway.

The painted skirt back has been hanging for a week and I've decided to just add a little more paint to it...mostly to the edges so that the repeats are balanced out...that will take about 10 minutes...



...so I'm onto the fronts which should prove a little trickier cause I'm going to need to match the fronts.  I'm also thinking that I'm going to use a solid color for the waistband...just have to figure out what color since every color in the rainbow is in this!

Well it's Thursday night and since my office celebrates "Summer Fridays" I have a three day weekend and I want to make it count this weekend!  Hopefully I will have some sewing to show for it!

...as always more later!

16 comments:

  1. This is going to be a beautiful skirt Carolyn..Cant wait to see it made.. Have fun on your 3 day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great. The colors are just so lovely I'm drawn right in and can't help smiling when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt is looking great! If it were mine, I would add either a solid black or solid white as the waistband. Doesn't limit your choice of tops that way. Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colourful skirt! You'll be able to match so many colours in tops and sandals. I must have missed an earlier post about this skirt so will go back to look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your watching your skirt progress. How very fabulous! This summer has been my summer of circle skirts with exposed elastic waistbands, so I love the idea of a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you didn't paint the entire piece, maybe make the waistband from the original black and white?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny. I love this when it only had two or three colours, then I thought you had added too many, but now it has so much colour in it I love it. Brilliant. It is completely vibrant and fun and will be such a nice skirt to wear with so many other items. I would love a skirt like this in my wardrobe. It is interesting how both the white and the black make the colours sing out. For this reason I would add a black waist band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciated everyone's opinions but I really had a vision for the fabric once I decided to paint it. It's nice to be able to see the vision become a reality.

      Delete
  8. This project is looking really good. I Just read an article regarding floral skirts, wherein pairing tops with it is limitless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wouldn't be painting this if it weren't for you and Marce! It has been an interesting project and adding a topper is not a concern at all cause you're right any solid colored top will go over this!

      Delete
  9. I really love what you're doing on this project Carolyn! I'd be interested in learning more about fabric I really love what you're doing on this project Carolyn! I'd be interested in learning more about painting too! Congratulations on your weight-loss and I pray for your continued success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra. I have no tutorials on the fabric painting because truly I'm just winging it!

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear you are settling into your new job well! The skirt back looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to take some time because now I have to paint two fronts and my sewing mojo has returned! *LOL* I figure this is now an August skirt!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails