Friday, June 10, 2016

A Concord Tee & A Pinstripe Denim Skirt

Moving on and sewing more casual outfits for my new lifestyle...this outfit is about as casual as I can get!



There are two items comprising this totally me made outfit.  The denim skirt from my TNT 4 gore skirt and the Concord Tee. Yes, this is my original tee that I'm still wearing because it's that frigging amazing!



Let's talk about the Concord Tee first. I think the reason it's held up so well is because I wore it under sweaters and cardigans during the winter season. Can I state again that this is an amazing t-shirt pattern for plus size sewists that doesn't need alot of alterations which makes it perfect. For construction and information on the tee, see my original post here.



The second part of this Me Made outfit is my TNT 4 gore elastic waist skirt made in denim. I had a yard and a 1/2 of the pinstripe denim left in the collection. I'd made two little girl dresses from it and decided that the rest should be mine. This is a basic so there are no earth shattering construction details here. It is simple sewing but effective wardrobe building.

There are two great things about this skirt - one it's denim and two the pinstripe gives the fabric distinction. If I'm going to sew basics I want them to at least be special/different/unique...choose your own word to describe them.

I've worn this outfit to work and it was perfect. It wore well and made me wish that I had 5 or 6 more t-shirts and skirts combos to mix and match. I know that it will probably happen sooner rather than later because hey I have a huge fabric collection...I just need time to get there.

A few more pictures ~


Conclusion ~
I will be making this combination again. It works. It's me. It's comfortable and it fits my lifestyle now. 

...as always more later!



20 comments:

  1. Could you tell me what pattern did you use for your skirt? Our builds are similar, and I enjoy your blog. I have discovered that by using your comments as my guide, my clothes are turning out better. I have tried to make a 4 or 6 gore skirt myself, and by using a half circle as a guide line, I do OK. I just would like one a little less full. Thank for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody - I'm sorry but my skirt pattern has been out of print for at least 10 years. However, if you check the pattern books I'm sure you can find something similar.

      Delete
  2. I can see why you love that tshirt - it fits you perfectly! That is also a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in this combo!
    A skirt and top are what I usually wear to work, I'm hippy and skirts are comfortable.
    The concord tee is a great pattern, I need to make some.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these two pieces! I can see that skirt in one of your beautiful linens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. High fives on your perfect fitting tee and skirt! Sewing garments like this is so satisfying! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect casual outfit. You look lovely (as usual)! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that you look great in casual outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so comfortable and happy! Super cute outfit! love the tee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, I find this a little dressier than what I would call casual but then my lifestyle is super casual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie - it's interesting I can wear super casual RTW but not sew it. I just feel like if I'm going to take the time to sew something, it should be a little more substantial.

      Delete
  10. That is a great outfit.

    A knit shirt and pull on skirt is as easy or easier than shorts, but looks like you made more of an effort. Nothing wrong with that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both pieces. You look great in the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This pinstriped denim is fun and really help with the casual. It's a great outfit! Nice job. g

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your casual look. I have my own striped denim in my stash that I think I'll pull out for a summer skirt! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im a denim girl so this skirt really appealed to me . Nice job on both ! I like the flexibility of skirts & tops - they can be dressed up or down . Denim with a little something extra is also a big plus in my opinion !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both pieces look amazing. I don't remember ever seeing pinstriped denim before. It really does give it a unique look. You look great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this look and you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails