The pattern is my TNT pants pattern. I've made some adjustments to my pants pattern and I've got a muslin made but nothing wearable yet. However, I thought I would start with it this time because I'm not looking for a fitted garment.
The fabric is a rayon challis from Fabric Mart purchased for these pants. The elastic is the remaining bit of Dritz Stretch elastic that I've been hoarding since it's no longer being made.
I knew that I only wanted the extra width in the leg area so I added width from the hip area down on my pattern. I freehanded the addition of the extra space, adding it to both the front and back pattern pieces. Since they were going to be wide I knew I didn't have to worry about being precise and just went for it.
Now this is definitely a don't do as I do moment! *LOL* You should measure and add the proper amount to both sides. However, this worked for me since I was only trying to get a quickie pair of pants.
The legs were serge finished and construction was quick. I've made this pattern quite a few times now so there were no issues. After a quick try on to make sure the legs were wide enough, I added the elastic to the waistline.
Then the pants were tried on for hem length. Now while I know that I should hem them a little higher I really like the extra length on these especially with heels.
I'm wearing them with my black concord t-shirt from this post. I decided to just remove the ruffle and hem it especially since it works so well with these pants. I'm loving this look because its just what I wanted...relaxed...comfortable and casual...yet sophisticated.
A few more pictures ~
However, I do need to adjust the waistline so that I can make these as a pair of elastic waist pants...but that's for another day!
If you're interested in making a pair of your own...this pattern is on my "to buy" list...
...or a pattern for a pair in a knit fabric...
Next up on the cutting table is The Marilyn Dress from StyleArc Patterns using a Telio Denim Border Print.
Parting Shot ~
...as always more later!