Friday, July 06, 2018

A Spate of Quick Garments?

As my Sewcation garments reviews wind down, only one more shirtdress to come to the blog, this post serves as the introduction to my June sewing.

After an intense week of sewing detailed garments, I sat and thought about what I wanted to add to my summer wardrobe.  In the last two summers, I've concentrated on making various types of dresses ~ t-shirt, maxis, denim and other styles, so I have a pretty nice dress wardrobe.

Summer of 2017 Sewing

I've made a couple of skirts but I really haven't concentrated on them this season. I have several maxi skirts in my wardrobe, made over the course of the last couple of years, that I'm still wearing so I don't really feel like I have a need for more skirts short or long. 

Summer of 2016 Sewing

However, there are a few on my to-sew list because I'm infatuated with several different tops and want to make them. Since I hate jeans in the summer, I need a bottom for them to go over...thus skirts.

I'm also feening for wider legged pants and culottes. I've bought a couple of pairs of RTW cropped pants because I've just wanted not to have to worry about what I was wearing under my dresses and skirts to keep my thighs from chafing...EVERY DAY! I would like 5-7 pairs of some kind of ltwt pants in my wardrobe that I can scatter in with my dresses so I made a couple of pair of pants...more to come.

So my June sewing was all about quick, easy projects.  A couple pair of pants, a duster and some tops.  That's what's up next on the blog...just waiting for photos to be taken.

I'm off for the next couple of days since the 4th of July holiday fell on a Wednesday. I am sewing and picked two designer knock-off projects. I'm not taking a "vacation" this summer just a couple of weekend trips. So I will have several more 2.5 day weekends to sew this summer. BTW, I counted ~ there are 8 weeks of summer left before the Labor Day holiday arrives. As usual I think I have more sewing on my list than I have time for!  

I want to add one more comment before I close out. It's regarding my last post and the amount of comments it generated. I am a hobby sewist. I have nothing to sell. I'm not a brand. I'm really just passionate about sewing, sharing info about sewing & fabric, and showing my garments. So threatening to unfollow me doesn't phase me. It use to but this blog is not the sum total of who I am.  As a fellow sewist, it's your right to follow or not follow the blogs that stimulate you creatively and whose philosophy or train of thought you agree with. It's that simple. 

So I appreciate the sewists who continue to come and read my ramblings, be they political or not, and appreciate my garments. I thank you for every comment you leave...no matter what it is...because I learn from them all. I can't guarantee that I won't speak to another political situation in the near future or not, so if you really DON'T want politics on your blog, please feel free not to visit again. I won't be upset. You should do what makes you happy.

If you're sticking around, there will be more garments up on the blog soon.

...as always more later!




26 comments:

  1. I just commented on your last blog. Thank you for being you and continuing to bring everything you bring to your blog. We can't be silent and we need to get out and vote. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you are looking to add wide length pants to your wardrobe. I think you look great in them. Like a maxi skirt but no chafe problem and you don't have to wear something hot under a cool flowing skirt. I am looking forward to seeing some new pairs on your blog. Thanks for having such a great blog. I have loved all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Threatening to quit following your blog because you expressed your opinion? That's just plain silly. Isn't that what America is about? Freedom of speech? I don't have to agree with you to sew with you. I'm excited to see what's next! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, you are truly inspiring. I have learnt so much from following you. Everyone is entitled to voice an opinion , I think people have forgotten how to listen and to be accepting. The world is a scary place now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, and have for years! Your last blog was exceptional, and I admire you very much for writing it. I wanted to comment but did not know what I could add! Look forward to the next step of your sewing journey. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, I agree with your political statements and support your right to say them out loud and proud. I enjoy reading about your sewing too. BTW the red knit dress from 2017 is so good looking on you. I hope you wear it often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very sad that we have become so reactive and respond so strongly to a counter-view. Differences of opinion are what make the world interesting. I happened to agree with the sentiment of your last post, which is probably why I think you are entitled to an opinion and long may you continue to express them. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I respect your opinions as I am sure you would respect mine whether we agree or not! I do believe that is what is missing right now. We can disagree and be polite and respectful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to you for saying for saying what needs to be said . I have loved & followed your blog for all your honest views as well as fabulous sewing tips & makes .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about the chafing. That is the one issue I have with summer dresses - I think I might start wearing boxer briefs! Thank you for all of your posts. I had no problem with people differing, just with those that got rude about it with the all caps, etc. Good for you for making your own kind of music (quite respectfully) on your own blog - that is what this is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carolyn, I love your blog and you inspire me to sew more, but I really respect your views and opinions and I agree with all the other posts that we should be respectful and possibly even celebrate our differences of opinion, because they force us to think outside of the boxes we get trapped in...I know you will keep sewing and I know I will keep following and reading your blog posts...you are an inspiration...happy sewing..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm here for all of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I deeply admire your courage in posting your political beliefs - which mirror my own -- and your excellent explanation of them -- which I find difficult to express.

    I wear a safety pin on my clothing every day as a public symbol that I stand against President 45 and his administration. I pledged myself to be a force to mend and repair the fabric of our nation, on the day that the Electoral College foisted him upon us.

    That said, now we can all agree not to bring up that poison at every meeting, every day, and get on with the business and pleasure of life ... while we still can.

    I salute you, O dear Friend of the Interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your garments, you have always been very inspiring even when things in my life suffocate my creativity.
    Thank you
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your summer makes are beautiful! Thanks for the sewing inspiration, and the very thoughtful writing. I am a new follower and look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely summer creations! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda - those are from the last two summers. I'm just starting my summer sewing for this year.

      Delete
  17. You seem to have your sewing and wardrobe working well together. Enjoy your sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even though I don't always agree with your political feelings I will always be interested in your blog. As you say it's your blog and you can write whatever you feel and I respect that. Love all your summer creations. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - it's okay to disagree. I have no problem with that not everyone thinks the same. But we do agree about sewing and I appreciate your comments and how you follow along. Have a great day!

      Delete
  19. Love your blog. Love your opinions. Kudos for speaking your mind when it's much easier to be silent. A huge congratulations on your column in Sewn. Just discovered the magazine and think it's gonna be a big success.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've taken to wearing loose shorts made of Bemberg lining under my dresses. They prevent chafing and are much cooler than wearing full trousers underneath.
    {I must have missed your last post so I'm not sure what happened(and I'm not sure now that I want to look) but I am here for the sewing and your joy of life. Keep on please!}

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Tanya wrote an article on the CSC about some little shorts to wear under dresses. They look pretty easy to sew up. You sure are productive with your sewing! I'm impressed by how much you get done while holding down a job. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blogger WOULD NOT let me comment on that last blog post. It's probably for the best...

    So glad you're enjoy your sewing time. Can't wait to see the new goodies up on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to see your latest additions. I still have not dusted off my sewing machine but getting close. You dropped the mic on your last post and I still visit it to re-read some of the comments. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How about slip shorts (like Jockey, not Spanx) and/or Glide? Not that you have to use either product, but in case you haven't heard about them (I hadn't until I read about them on FB.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails