1. I thought that we'd gotten up all of the water. However, when the plumber came back in he noticed that there was water under the flooring that I laid less than 2 years ago. It squished when he walked on it and explained that's why the floor was so cold to my touch. That's what initiated the great fabric pack up and the items being removed from the sewing room.
2. It took me and my daughter (the same one that helped me lay the floor) 4 hours to remove every piece of fabric from the sewing room, as well as, my sewing machines, computer and TV. I only had the evening to do it because the team was bringing in the fans and dehumidifers to dry out the room the next morning. They also treated the walls for mold at the same time.
3. I had to do it in 4 hours because we are in the midst of some really important meetings at work and I couldn't take any time off. Let me tell you I was bleary eyed the next morning because I got EXACTLY 4 hours of sleep that night.
4. Why are insurance companies such pains in the *sses. That's all I'm saying about the trauma of that which is still ongoing.
5. As for relocating my sewing room, well that just ain't happening. This is the only place in my home for it so I now have to figure out a way to secure it so that it doesn't happen again ~ at least for awhile! Although, I've heard enough water horror stories at work this week to realize that nowhere is actually safe. People who's apartments were flooded by pipes bursting in neighbors apartments, toilets overflowing in another person's home causing extensive water damage cause it happened while they were at work, etc. It seemed like everyone had a tale to share. So since this could have happened somewhere else in the house, not just the basement, the sewing room is being set back up once everything is repaired.
6. For now I'm trying to be positive and think about how I can change the arrangement of the room, once I'm allowed back in. Recently I'd been thinking that I needed to add more storage to the room to aid & abet my fabric addiction. Now that I've cleaned almost everything out of the room, I'm going to be a lot more selective about what I put back in. Don't get excited, all of the fabric is going back in! *LOL* I mean some of the other things that I'd never removed because I'd been to lazy to take them out...well that problem has been solved for me...and they won't be returning.
7. Taking my things out of my sewing room made me realize that I have a small fortune invested in that room. I've once again instructed my daughter that they are NOT to have a garage sale when I've passed on but to eBay that stuff and recoup some of the money! *LOL*
9. I realize that except for social engagements or a dinner/movie with friends, I generally spend my weekends in the sewing room. It's a great de-stressor for my very busy workweeks. Thank goodness I do have some plans for Saturday evening this weekend because otherwise I would have been lost and not known what to do with my weekend!
So that's my latest update. I'm trying to be positive about this because everything happens for a reason and even if it was just to get me to clean out the sewing room and do a reorg, I will go with it...especially since no fabric or sewing machines were hurt in this process! *smile*
...as always more later!