The linen on the left was purchased from Marcy Tilton
That year I was at Sew Expo, I had no idea where I'd end up work wise...but I liked the fabric so I bought it. Then I made the dress up this spring, thinking that I'd wear it with a sweater to work.
I never shared the finished dress here on the blog because TNT dresses are no longer blogged unless there is something really special about them. However, my daughter did photograph it and after viewing the pictures I never wore it. Mostly because in my opinion the fabric doesn't work for this dress.
See even I misjudge fabrics ~ because this is more of a top/jacket type of fabric. So I decided to cut it off and make a tunic to go over my skinny jeans. Since it's my wave of the future...
I added some darts to the back to remove the excess fabric. While this reduced some of the extra fabric, it still left the top with the boxy look that I wanted. I topstitched the hem with a double needle and the revised top was done.
I will be wearing this under a RTW or me-made jeans jacket now and later in the winter under a black cashmere cardi. It will bring a bit of brightness to those dreary winter days.
(My #nastywoman pose!)
I'm thrilled I salvaged this amazing piece of fabric and turned it into a wearable garment.
...as always more later!