Let's start with the Inspiration photo that jumped this shirt off for me...
Both gingham fabrics are from StyleMaker Fabrics. I chose to make mine from navy & white but other color combinations are available here.
1/2" 2-hole white buttons from Pacific Trimmings
Interfacing from Steinlauf & Stoeller
As I mentioned above, cutting out was the most important part of making the shirt work, especially since this version of my TNT pattern has princess seams. For this shirt, I went back to the straight hem of previous shirts. I know my inspiration pic shows the curved sides but I was ready for something else.
I also omitted the bands with buttonholes and buttons on the sleeves. My sleeves have a sewn on cuff.
Using the straight hem made it easier to match the plaid across the seams of the shirt.
For the back yoke, I cut the fabric on the bias and added a seam to get the chevroned pattern. I like the detail but honestly I did it so I wouldn't have to match the plaid of the back yoke to the shirt back bottom.
Buttons on the front are white 2-hole shirt buttons which are smaller than buttons I normally use. Because of that I added more of them down the front of the shirt. When stitching them to the button band, I had to use tape to hold them down so they wouldn't move around. So thank you to whomever left that tip in the comments.
A Few Pictures ~
I took a couple of months to acquire the fabric I needed to make this shirt. I'm glad I was able to get a combo I liked. It was the challenge of manipulating the fabric and making the plaid match all the way around the shirt that was the intriguing part for me. So while this is not "technically" a border print, the extra work to make it happen is why it's in the series.
...always more later!