Thursday, April 09, 2020

Checking In...

I haven't been sewing much. I'm working from home and I've had quite a few Zoom meetings and projects to complete, so I haven't sewn as much as I thought I would.  Also had some challenges adjusting to all of this but as I enter Week Five of #sewstayhome, I am starting to sew a little more.

As I stated in my last post, my Myosotis dresses are my faves to wear right now. I've started two and have fabric picked to cut out two more. Here's what's in process in the sewing cave now:


This is a midi-length dress using the Myosotis Pattern as the base 
and a new fabric purchase from Gorgeous Fabrics. 


The white linen used for the accents is from the collection.


Striped shirting purchased from Fabric Mart's Brick & Mortar store 
during Carriage Corner Sew Camp last June is a dress is 
based on the Myosotis Dress pattern with a few changes.

I'm not working from home tomorrow or Monday and will be turning off my computer, phone and iPad to social distance myself from social media. I just want to sew for my mental health. Since we're not having an Easter Celebration this year...Imma let Netflix & Amazon Prime play and sew...just sew.

Hopefully I will have some finished garments to share after that...and if I don't well that's okay too.  Hope you're staying home, sane and safe to help flatten the curve.  Sorry that the virus has indeed moved across the country and is now infecting the rural areas of America...glad the cases are starting to slow down overseas...hoping this means that we're coming to the end of the Pandemic soon!


...as always more later!


15 comments:

  1. I just love the striped dress!! I hope you can get some therapeutic sewing done too. I have heard that there is a sewing show with Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn on Amazon Prime, but we don't have Prime anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are recognizing what you need to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl,I get it. I’m out Friday and Monday after my boss suggested it would be helpful. Hoping to spend some me time while I’m “ooo”. Have fun and heal yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are two beautiful dresses. Looking forward to your reviews. Very happy and springtime.

    Your comment about work projects made me laugh, because when I worked from home the bosses gave me multiple jobs, and multiple job titles. No one could see how much I got done. At least you’re all maybe experiencing the same work from home challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great -- and safe -- weekend: looking forward to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the flower print both dresses are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like your fabric choices, you find interesting things and use them in ways that look so attractive, it opens up my thinking to see your choices. I hope you are well and have a wonderful time in the sewing cave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you have a relaxing weekend and we all are out and about soon and remain healthy. both versions of this dress are so pretty but that stripe one - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love dresses whenever I can get to wear them. I work from home as well, and so am as casual as possible while remaining "decent" for family to come and go. Your dresses are gorgeous, and INSPIRE me. Thanks for your transparency in posting. LOVE!!! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW, where could I get that wonderful pattern for your dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that striped one! OOOOH baby, that's for me. I am so certain I have a tight stripe that will do justice in my stash, and a TNT that will get the job done. Thanks for the mojo!
    All the blessings of all the family gatherings that one and all may be enjoying, either in person or on a conference call. Much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found I have been sewing more since being at home. I find my mental health declines if I spend too much time on internet and TV. Doing something always helps - gardening, sewing or even rearranging furniture :) Hope you can find some joy over Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a Deer and Doe pattern. I know Stylemakers.com has them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can absolutely relate! I'm heading into the... 5th(?!?!) week of working from home and it at once feels like we just started and have been like this forever. My initial feeling was that I would be able to take my 2 hours of commute time and turn that instantly into sewing time. Of course, I have instead been working overtime (my new job is in digital education - as you can imagine it has been a bit crazy the past few weeks) and really have just felt too tired to sew. I have managed to sew a few masks (on my birthday, which was a school holiday), which I then donated to my friends who are essential workers before the face coverings became mandatory in my area. Of course, once the mandatory issues went into effect, everyone wanted to buy some from me... and that really zapped my sewing mojo. It makes sewing feel like work, and after working upwards of 10 hours a day, the last thing I can stomach is the idea of more work. I've toyed with the idea of sewing things for me, but I'm finding it hard to feel inspired, despite my lack of work tops (an issue before heading into the era of needing a "Zoom professional" wardrobe) and many fabrics and plans that I had before all this happened. I've been organizing my sewing space, which has been good, and usually makes me feel motivated, but it hasn't really kicked in for me this time. So... yeah. I hope your weekend of social media distancing has helped you. It's weird that being totally unplugged in our "social distancing" world seems like it would be a welcome retreat, yet, I think it sounds so wonderful to just go off to your happy place for a while. I hope you had a nice weekend (despite the strange Easter situations) and have been able to a mental break from all of the craziness for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails