Thursday, April 16, 2020

Dayum - Is it Thursday Again?

The days fly by but also go really slowly. How is that possible? I've been home for 35 days now and my sewjo has returned as evidenced in my last post. Luckily I had a 1/2 day on Good Friday and Easter Monday off to just sew. Due to our quarantine status, our normal Easter Dinner was cancelled.  However, the grandkids did come by with their Mother and Aunt and talked to me through the car windows. It's truly a strange new world we're living in.

I have two more maxi shirtdresses almost done. Everything needs either hems, or buttonholes/buttons and hems to be finished and ready to be photographed. It was a good weekend and I felt most like myself those 3.5 half days...

Sewing Update:
Here are a few photos from the 80 hour sew...

Blue Chambray & Gingham Maxi Shirtdress ~



Black & White Cotton/Linen Sleeveless Maxi Shirtdress ~





All of the Maxi Shirtdresses so far ~


Coronavirus Update:
Latest update from my area is May 15th as the possible date for heading back to work. So I'm figuring the beginning of June because of all the things that need to be in place for us to return.  By that time I will have been home for 2.5 months. I'm hoping now that I'm finally sewing, I will have a whole bunch of new things to wear...

I highly encourage you to take some time and read Charlie's blog post about how the virus is affecting her here. It's a powerful read! I live in NJ and as of now, none of my family members have been infected. However, we all have stories of people we know who has someone affected by the virus.

My plan is to finish these dresses this week and take pictures with my daughter in my front yard while social distancing over the weekend. If this works, I will have some finished garment posts to share.

Hope everyone is taking care and staying safe!


...as always more later!



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous group of dresses Caroline! I had a really productive easter as well. I cut apart a too-small dress and used a FBA and seam additions to copy and enlarge it. I often procrastinate and websurf and come out of a long weekend feeling bad about wasting it. This time I was really aware and pushed myself to keep active and was so much happier as a result. I did a grocery shop yesterday and it was the first time I'd left the house in a week. The black and white is my absolute favourite. Does sharpie ever bleed when it goes through the wash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette - I did a wash and dry test before I applied the sharpie to see if it would run/bleed first.

      Delete
  2. Those dresses are some serious inspiration. Love that black collar. I have tried a sharpie to cover a bleach stain, and it worked for a while, but would always fade in the laundry, so curious to know. The red flower center is just awesome. I had a beautiful flower print once that I highlighted with gold paint, it turned out beautifully, but then disappeared in the wash. So it was very zen, like a sidewalk chalk drawing ;^)

    I’m glad you’re in a good place. The title of your blog made me lol. Ha, and now it’s Friday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you and family are all well. This has been a most unusual experience. All of your dresses are lovely. I may steal your gingham trim idea on the chambray and the black and white design will be fun to wear. Can't wait to see finished photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the pattern manufacturer and number of the pattern for the shirt dresses above? thanks so glad I found your blog in my weekly Bloglovin' digest email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha - this is my TNT maxi shirtdress pattern that was hacked from the Deer & Doe Myosotis dress pattern. If you click on the Myosotis pattern link in my blog index on the side, you will see how I originally started working with the pattern 2 years ago and all of the hacks I've done to get to this point.

      Delete
  5. Your maxi dresses look wonderful! The black and white one is my favorite! I am glad you are staying safe. It sounds like you have a wonderful family during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, I love that little touch of red! You have a really nice grouping going for when we do get back to work. The way it is looking, I doubt I will ever go back. We shall see. Love your first dress, BTW. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny - I've been wearing my maxi shirtdresses made last year at home, so once these are photographed, I will be wearing them at home too. I don't really like wearing pants and will take a dress or a skirt anyday! Hope all is well with you and yours!

      Delete
  7. I'm really really glad you and your family are well. Reading about the pandemic in your part of the world and UK and Italy and Spain etc is just terrible and it's only just ramping up in third world countries where it will be so devastating too. Reading sewing blogs was always my treat but even more so. I'm so glad I have a craft and a garden to fall back onto to keep busy when not at work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cool new maxi dresses will be perfect once we start easing into going outside again. I really like the accents on the chambray one. :)

    I'm just over 5 weeks at home too. We've been affected in the extended family - my uncle passed away last week from Covid-19.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nakeisha - I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. This is one horrible, horrible disease.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails