Saturday, January 30, 2021

End of January 2020 Update

I've been sewing, planning and making a list of new projects to sew. My Sewjo is back and asserting itself in a good way! However, I feel more like sewing than modeling (getting dressed, doing my hair & makeup) and taking pictures. So I'm riding this sewing wave for now.

I have been working on things ~

1. The Style Arc Mildred jumpsuit is finished and I love it!  It had to hang a few days but it's definitely grown on me. I have lots to share about it and will when I have pictures of me in it.

2. Last year I started working on a Wardrobe that I came no where near completing for a variety of reasons. But I won't be deterred, I'm back to working on a similar wardrobe this year including some of the pieces from the original one. While I know most of it won't be worn outside any time soon I don't care. I'm sewing for the joy and because I own all of the fabric & notions, so why not make them?

3. Which brings me to what I'm presently finishing up ~ a denim patchwork jacket from Simplicity 8687. I cut this jacket out last March as part of my wardrobe plan - The Statement Jacket - but never got to it. Well I've taken my time sewing it, thoroughly enjoying working on it.

Next up will be four winterized Myosotis dresses. Imma be honest. I rarely wear pants in the house, preferring a long dress with some socks under it. My current Myosotis versions worked fine until the weather dropped below 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Now my legs are chilly unless I add some leggings underneath them. However, the two long ponte pullover dresses I own provide a little more warmth so I want some winterized Myosotis.  Here are the fabrics I'm using...

These will get cut out and I will start working on the black & white print this weekend.

Finally the fabric buying hate has passed. There has been sufficient time between unpacking my fabric collection...losing my memory of how much there was...to now wanting some new pieces. This purchase is spring forward looking because it's like 10 degrees F here and a significant snow fall is predicted between Sunday night and Monday.  Why wouldn't I purchase spring fabrics?! LOL!

These are all from fabric dot com.  I also bought this Fair Isle Knit from Stylemaker Fabrics to make a new Cashmerette Tobin top...


I will be cutting this out this weekend also. In essence I'm making a new cut pile.

In full transparency, I also purchased some knit panels from Marcy Tilton but I'm still waiting for those to arrive. Most importantly I am still deleting most fabric emails. Because on good days I do remember how much is upstairs and that I should be sewing with what I have instead of just storing it.

I promise the day is coming soon where I will be ready to take photos in my finished garments...I'm just not there yet.  However, I did want to do a check-in to let you know the Winter Sewing Room is working perfectly for me.  That I am sewing and enjoying the process and that my sewjo is back baby!


...as always more later!



 

29 comments:

  1. Awesome! That fair isle knit is sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful flowery prints. Summer may be a long ways away but those prints improve my outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They caught my eye for the exact same reason. I'm going to look forward to using them when warm weather arrives.

      Delete
  3. Love your jacket. Even more thrilled your sewjo is back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all sounds so exciting! Glad the new sewing space is working out for you and that you are having a good sewjo. I'm excited to see your finished jacket and I think your new fabrics look so joyful. Hopefully you'll be able to have a fun snowy weekend by staying inside and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doctor T - I feel like I gained a part of me back when I moved most of the sewing stuff to the dining room. With only 7% of the country vaccinated I'm sure it's going to be awhile (like most of 2021) before we start moving out of quarantine and into the new normal. So it's nice to be able to sew in comfort.

      Delete
  5. I am so happy for you, I can feel your sewjo excitement. The Spring florals sing - not long until the daffodils appear. Meantime your Winter dress fabrics are lovely and I can't wait to see how you make them. What fun is that beautiful Fair Isle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you deleting your fabric emails. I really need to do that too but you know how it is. There just may be one piece that you have to have. Love those florals. I have so much from fabric.com and I recognized the stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that patchwork jacket! I'm glad your sewjo is back. I think it's a great idea to unsubscribe from those fabric companies. I might need to do that too. Thanks for sharing and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha - I haven't been brave enough to totally unsubscribe from them. So I'm still subscribed to all of them. However, deleting them is really easy because I don't look at headlines 99% of the time.

      Delete
  8. The jacket looks great! And I love that Fair Isle sweater fabric. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That patchwork jacket is looking amazing!

    Looking forward to the dresses! I haven't been wearing any dresses because it's so cold. WAH. And I cannot be bothered to put on tights in the house.

    I am loving that fabric stack too. DROOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N - I don't go out much at all. So around the house I don't mind wearing dresses and I don't need tights but then my heat is set higher than most peoples.

      Delete
  10. Love that jacket. So glad your sew-jo is back- for you and for me- as I love seeing and reading about what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thrilled for your get up and go attitude. Everything is looking and sounding good, especially you. Oh that blue floral! I wanna see a winterized Myosotis Dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The denim jacket is great -- I want one, too! Did you piece the denim or did it come "patchwork"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy - I bought the fabric already patchworked. Piecing the denim is a little too much for me right now since I'm trying to gain my sewing feet back!

      Delete
  13. YaY! for the return of your sewjo! Mine seems to be coming back slowly, too. You know, scraps of that fair isle would make a great pair of Bernie Mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice jacket you have. I need to sew soon as I need to finish a quilt i stated for my oldest granddaughter who will be 13 in May. I have the fabric bit since she is a bit older I may not use a few of the ones I thought about using. I'm sure she'll like it. Its flannel so it will be cozy. We had q tad bit of snow last Tues but gone by Thurs. Funny how people decided to make snowmen out that tiny bit do snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in the process of packing up all my fabric and realize I will NEVER use it all but I love fabric too! I hope seeing & feeling all the fabric when I unpack will motivate my sewing mojo too! Love your floral fabric purchase & your patchwork jacket. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Bonnie when I unpacked all that fabric all I could think of is I'm not buying any more for months...and I mostly succeeded. I have bought a few more yards of denim since then, waiting for it to arrive, but it will be cut and sewn right away. My goal for 2021 is to sew from my fabric collection. It's too big to be ignored anymore!

      Delete
  16. Hi Carolyn, Great seeing your 'sew-jo' is back! Missed it. Hope you are feeling better. Surgery at any age is difficult to not only bounce back but to actually commit to. I love, love, really love, your patchwork jacket. It is absolutely beautiful. You are so talented. I am so envious. Your Fair Isle knit looks incredibly warm. You have a wise eye for delicious fabric. Just admiring your spring fabrics is proof. Looking forward to your next post, admiring you and your talents. You are my inspiration. Thank you. Stay safe, and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a joy to read this post! I have been unable to see most of the past year due to health issues. On the recovery side now, but slowly. However, I am ready to try sewing again. Reading your joy and seeing your progress makes me so happy! I love all your new fabrics and can’t wait to see your finished clothes. You have always been an inspiration to me. You are truly one of my sheros! I am late to the sewing game, but I keep you in my sights as I aspire to develop talents like yours some day. Thanks for posting your experiences through good times and bad. You affirm my own ups and downs. Keep riding your joyful wave and revel in it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. After weeks of not being able to access you blog because my malware program said there was a trojan here, today I was able to access it again. So happy! Thanks for fixing the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am always so inspired by your fabric purchases and ultimate garments. The jacket is no exception, but you know my weaknesses for a good floral. g

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't bought fabric in months, except for home dec projects. Now you've got me scrolling thru fabric.com looking at spring florals. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TC - I buy from them so infrequently and in the last 10 days I've placed 2 orders! *LOL* It will probably be months before I buy something again but I hope you find something you like!

      Delete
  21. Nice fabrics you plan to cut out and I like the new ones for spring. It has been cold and dreary here, but nothing like you are experiencing. I have a few more cold weather sewing plans, but so ready for spring. Thanks for motivation of spring fabrics shopping at fabric.com. I shop there ever so often!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails