Sunday, April 24, 2022

Spring Sewing for 2022

When the weather gets warmer, my thoughts turn to dresses. At this stage of my life it's long, flowy, dresses that provide a comfortable yet cool wearing experience. So when I was composing my spring/summer sewing list, dresses were on the top of the list. 

I'm also trying to sew more than my TNT patterns. While I'm not out in the world exploring, I am trying to branch out and use more patterns in my creative life.  That means there are an assortment of old and new patterns on my list.  Mostly though my list is driven by fabric. Cause let's be real, I own a lot of amazing fabric pieces and that's what I want to highlight this spring/summer. 

There are 16 garments on my list. Some TNT patterns, some Big4 patterns and several Indie Pattern companies. I believe that if I start sewing spring in April and conclude sewing summer in September that I have enough time to create these garments. It works out to 2-3 garments a month. 

I know you're wondering about the temptation of new patterns and fabrics. Will I be tempted? Who knows. But I know that I need a roadmap to begin this sewing journey or I will be lost and nothing will be created. My old goal was to make a lot of clothing.  My goal now is to create beautiful clothing and to enjoy the process.  THIS is a work in progress. I constantly fight against the urges to sew faster and create more. Because that's how creating has ruled my life for the last decade.

Anyway, wanna know what's on my list?  

There are:

2 possibly 3 Myosotis dresses - I just can't quit this pattern!

Big4 - 4 McCalls, 2 Simplicity and 1 Vogue pattern.

Indies - 2 Helen Closets, 2 Cashmerette, 2 Style Arc patterns

...and fabrics.  I have a beautiful magnolia linen border print...


A beautiful pale blue linen, some printed rayon/linens, a light blue & white gingham, some pretty prints in cotton and poly fabrics.  Like my winter sewing, fabric is driving my decisions. My desire is to have a closet full of amazing and pretty summer dresses.  Dresses that make choosing what to wear in the morning a delight instead of a chore.

I've started a cut pile and hope to share some new finished garments with you soon.  


...as always more later!




10 comments:

  1. Looking forward to all this. Can't wait to see what you do with the magnolia linen. That is so pretty. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful magnolia linen! Looking forward to seeing your creations over the coming seasons, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that magnolia linen - it will be stunning, and I can't wait to see it. That is a great set of patterns, and I am particularly interested in the Montana dress. I like the style very much, but found it rides up on me without a bust dart although I lengthened the bodies a couple of inches. I bet you make it look lovely. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started my first cut pile ever after 30+ years of monogamous sewing :-) Recently retired, I no longer need to sew clothes for the office, and find my wardrobe is lacking in clothes to wear at home, for travel and just for fun. Currently in my cut pile: chambray shirt dress, cotton skirt, french terry cowl neck lounge dress and a cotton knit cap sleeve dress. Like you, I am slowing down my sewing and enjoying the creative process more. And sewing for the grandkids keeps me busy as well! Happy sewing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That magnolia print is gorgeous and I know you will do it justice. You've put a great plan together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always so inspirational to me! I love your plans and cannot wait to see that that gorgeous magnolia becomes because I know it will take my breath away!! g

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! Good luck with all your sewing projects this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am ready to sew for spring, yet my sewjo is not catching up with my desire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m excited to c what your going to make😎

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails