Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Breathe

Y'all I feel like I'm just coming up for air and able to breathe freely for the first time in a minute.  It's been a challenging fall but I can feel the page turning. The urge to create is strong.

I'm on Holiday break from December 20, 2022 - January 2, 2023.  Fourteen days off to celebrate with my family, relax, and jumpstart my sewing passion.  I'm going to try hard to get those last garments up on the blog before the end of the year.  I really don't want to carry those posts into the new year.

I've cleaned off my sewing/cutting table.  This was it's original state:  

Here it is now:


It's looked like the top picture for so long that to have moved things around and prepped the top to actually use is so encouraging!

I reorganized my patterns. They've been moved from piles all over my sewing room to the blue & white tote next to the sewing table.  The patterns I really want to work on next are on top of the table waiting for fabrics to be paired with them.

Moved some fabric around and reviewed my Fall Sewing List. I really feel like making some tops for this winter.  I have plenty of shirts and need some variety to wear over my jeans and knit pants when going into the office.

The last photo is of my sewing machine eagerly waiting for me...

So that's my plan...it's not an ambitious one...but hopefully it will restart my sewing journeys.


...as always more later!



7 comments:

  1. You go girl, enjoy. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Your first picture looks like my sewing table too, he he. It is amazing how a clear up makes a difference, and I think you will have a great holiday with your next groups of patterns. What a great sign on the wall: 'I was created to create', a motto I would like to remember. Have a beautiful Christmas with your lovely family, and a great New Year, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for clearing the table off, it makes such a difference to have enough space for the next project doesn't it? Enjoy your time away from work, hope you get some sewing and blogging in. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from England, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope work doesn't interfere with your time off this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail - our offices are closed for the Holiday break so I should be fine this time! :)

      Delete
  5. You scared me there for a minute with this title.. I thought you might have caught what's been interfering with my entire household's breathing 🙄. But so much better to have a clean work surface!! Please don't pressure yourself with professional photoshoots, you know people do bathroom selfies and hanger shots and whatever is on hand, and it's ok, nothing happens. Keep the enjoyable parts! Have fun 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Joy! Lots of time to yourself and you’re feeling the sewjo. A clear space helps too. Can’t wait to see more! Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails