Saturday, April 22, 2023

Dueling Wexfords

As I stated in my fabric fail Wexford, I was definitely making the pattern again. While the fabric shred as I wore it, the silhouette held up really well.  So I made 2 more unintentionally making them both in the black family.

In the first post, I didn't talk about any of the changes I made to the pattern or the size I used. I cut a size 24 and added 1" to the hemline...though I may add another inch for future versions.

While I've only used this pattern as a top, I will be making the dress portion later this spring. It's such a relaxed and comfortable wearing garment that I can see a longer version of this for summer wearing.

Wexford One:

The first Wexford is made from a black & white rayon knit purchased from Fabric Mart's brick & mortar store.  The changes to this one are that the neckline and sleeve hems are bound in some black knit scraps. As with the first one this is an easy sew. 



Wexford Two:

The second Wexford is made from a luxurious rayon knit that was purchased from Elliot Berman's shop pre-Covid.  This means that it was from the old place and not the new one.  Also the hand on this fabric is lush. I chose this fabric in an attempt to replace the pleather version.  

For this one, I used a black fold over elastic trim instead of the binding piece included with the pattern.  Other than that there were no changes.  Again a quick sew that let the fabric do the talking.


Besides making the dress version of this pattern, I have a few more top versions floating around in my head - a lace one, maybe a mesh one and finally I have several cool knits that would look amazing in this silhouette.  So sooner or later more of these will show up here.

Don't forget this is a Cashmerette Club pattern so if you want a copy of the pattern you will need to join the club either monthly or yearly. Oh and they're PDF only patterns...


...as always more later!


10 comments:

  1. Carolyn these are fab. You have such an eye. The stripes are so elegant! I will look for this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes are my favorite too. Always a treat to see a new post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty tops. I think the length is perfect. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn You and the tops are Beautiful!! And that Hair! OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are both great but the striped one is really striking. It’s rare to find a knit like this especially one
    That can be worn vertically. Your hair really is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy Karpen posted the one just above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those Wexford tops. Especially the striped one. And anonyous above is correct - your hair looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, comment disappeared. Robin here…these tops look fabulous, such great fabric choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wondereful tops! I particularly like the striped version on you. I am loving your hair !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm losing my mind - I could have sworn I commented on this post! I love these tops, such an elevated casual look. Perfect for how casual work places have gotten. Love the dark floral ;) g

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails