I've just entered the June Capsule Contest at Stitchers Guild. Elizabeth (ejvc) has challenged us to make a 4 piece capsule - no black allowed!
These are the rules:
The contest will run June 1 - June 30.
1. The capsule will consist of four garments and one accessory (purse, belt, headband, jewellery, etc). One of the garments must be a top, one must be a bottom, all the tops must co-ordinate with all the bottoms and the accessory must co-ordinate with them all.
2. One of the items can be purchased and one can be made before June.
3. All the other items must be sewn, knitted, crafted etc during June.
4. Twist: no black items.
5. Everyone who tells me they want to enter the contest and makes at least one item can vote on the winner.
6. At the end of the contest people can send me photos and I'll post them in sets on Flickr. We should have four photos - one showing all the garments (composite or hanging or whatever) and three of the wearer modelling the items. No flat photos of the clothes please.
There is a prize involved but honestly I'm not joining the contest for the prize! It will be fun to sew some pieces that will work together and that I can plan - yeap, I said it folks, plan out! My mind is churning and I'm already thinking of what to make! Oh, how I love to sew a wardrobe!!! And this works in with my crazy lifestyle...I usually turn out at least 4 garments a month and this gives my sewing a little direction...and I get to plan...yeah, I think I mentioned that already! *LOL*