It's a standard sleeveless sheath made from a fabulous print from my TNT dress pattern. The only change is that instead of my regular u-neckline, I gave it a v-neckline. This is the first time that I've made this dress with a v-neckline.
Since my pattern drafting skills aren't as fine honed as my embellishment skills, I laid the v-neck front pattern piece from Simplicity 8160 on to the top of my TNT dress front. I then traced out the new front pattern piece and I also used the front facing from the vintage Simplicity pattern. I added some white piping around the neckline to give it a little definition...not my best piping job but it will do in this instance!
It really was a quick sew especially since the fabric did not require a lining except for *sigh* the invisible zipper insertion. I was almost tempted to pull out a regular black zipper and sew it into the dress in 30 minutes or less but I will never become proficient at inserting invisible zippers until I do it repeatedly. Now I did remember to press it very flat, to baste it down before the final stitches were sewn and to use my cording foot for stitching as close to the coils as possible. So except for the fact that this is still not automatic and mindless sewing, I was pleased with how it turned out.
I added bias binding to the armholes to finish them and machine stitched them down. The hem is also machine stitched. As I said previously, this was a quick and dirty sew for an "In and Out" dress.
Sorry for the flat photos...pictures of me wearing the dress soon especially since I plan on wearing it to work tomorrow!
As always....more later.