Monday, November 02, 2009

The Cardigan Series

I know that I said that I was making a skirt next...and I will get to it but dresses are calling my name! *LOL*  So the next three dresses are being made to work with cardigans that are presently in my closet.  They are from fabrics that have been "hanging around" for some time and its now their to shine!  Even before Michelle Obama began "highlighting" sheath dresses and cardigans, it was a very comfortable work outfit for me too.

A dress and cardigan allows you to look professional yet approachable at work.  It allows you to move around, crawl under desks and move boxes around while being comfortable...plus it allows me to make a gament that I love to wear in some fabulous fabrics, colors and patterns.

Next up is this fabric:



It is a 100% acrylic boucle from fabric.com and it will become yet another version of my TNT dress pattern ~ specifically the Chadwicks version with short sleeves.  I've loved this silhouette since I made my interpretation of it.  So of course it was only a matter of time before a fall adaptation appeared.

This dress will be the second in the series.  The first dress was the VOT Dress and there will be two more.  Here is where I am after spending Sunday sewing. 



There are still a couple of hours worth of work to be done before the dress will be finished.  I also have some wonky neckline issues that I need to address:



But that will be next weekend...

...as always, more later!

15 comments:

  1. I like the way you put the center on a bias and the trim. As always you do dresses so well. Great job! Looking forward to the rest of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant use of fabric! I never think to do things like this. I've been inspired by your TNT dress pattern and I traced two copies of mine this past weekend so that I can experiment a little. I really like this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the diagonal plaid down the front. It makes for a much more interesting dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just can't beat dresses. Love the piping detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is going to be lovely. And I think it is perfect for all kinds of occasions. Love the diagonal squares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Can't wait to see you model it. I love that boucle. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely use of the fabric. I wouldn't have thought of using it that way either, or at least I don't think I would. You are always inspiring and I look forward to seeing the finished dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love dresses and cardigans for work. I bought 3 long, v-neck cardigans from Banana Republic last year and have been wearing them belted over dresses, probably, every other day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! The pipeping really makes this one pop! Great colors! Nice Fall look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress and great use of the diagonal position of the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. More dresses! This one is looking good. The bias and piping are interesting details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress. The piping gives this dress an interesting and very fashionable twist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am behind in my blog reading but I must say I LOVE the dresses you've made recently. Especially the one with the cool neckline. Winners!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I really *love* this dress! You've got the bias going on and the piping going on - just fabulous in my book! Can't wait to see it modeled!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails