Thursday, April 01, 2010

Not One Piece!

Today is April 1st...and I can honestly say that I sewed nuthin, nada, zippo or as the title of the post says, not one piece during the month of March!  Now how did that happen?!  It's been over a year since I went an entire month without sewing and I couldn't tell you how it happened this time AT ALL.

However, I have some good news...as I said in the previous post my mojo showed up at 5pm on Sunday evening...in just enough time for me to cut out and start work on SWAP dress number 3.  And I have to tell you, I'm mighty worried about whether or not I'm going to be able to finish this SWAP!  I'm going to have to put the social life on hold to spend every weekend this month working it out! 

I still have 3 dresses and 3 tops to make.  I broke down and added a purchased sweater to the collection, for two reasons:  1.  I don't know if I can make 7 pieces this month...maybe if I had a week off but no such luck!  2.  It adds such a pop of color and helps transition the first pieces from winter to spring that it has to stay in the collection!  The rules say that I can buy a piece so I did.

The patterns and fabrics have been chosen for the dresses and tops...I'm a little leary of sharing them here because I don't want to jinx getting them finished.  Let's just say that if I work this out...you are going to be reading alot about SWAP this month!  *LOL*

I have Good Friday off so I will have 2 days to sew this weekend.  I'm hosting Easter Dinner again this year, so I'm not counting Sunday.  Hopefully, hopefully I can make this work!

Thanks to everyone who read the last post and shared a story...it is appreciated!  And as always...more later!

12 comments:

  1. What! You not sewing?? What's the world coming to? LOL. Don't beat yourself up. Time wasted is not wasted if you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you're working on :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your mojo has decided to come back home! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how this feels, sometimes months can go by and "not one piece" to be sewn, nice to see you got a grip before that happened, because that is not a good feeling ;)

    I'm sure you will meet your goals.

    Have a wonderful week end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you have your sewing mojo back. I'm sure you have some lovely garments in mind to make and I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to seeing your next sewing projects, but I've also enjoyed the thoughtful posts you've written during your month away from sewing. Sometimes taking a break and thinking things over is very productive, even if the 'products' aren't visible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you've got your mojo back. Looking forward to seeing your SWAP garments. In the meantime, have a wonderful, and productive, Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're back in the sewing groove. You can totally knock those pieces out this month!! Sew, Carolyn, Sew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very creative woman gave me this piece of advice - slow down to speed up. She said that being in the moment, enjoying it fully, participating rather than rushing, helped her not only to be highly productive but to enjoy the process. When I get frazzled or rushed, I remember that. I slow down. AND...

    ... so what if you don't make the deadline. It's a direction not a prison. You'll still be ahead in the wardrobe/sewing department. Just enjoy.

    - Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow woman, not one piece? Really, ... now I don't feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! When I want to sew, but just cannot settle down or don't have the time, I open my fabric cupboard and handle the fabric, look at my trims, and dream. That often ignites the creastive flame.
    I have just ventured out into the sewing blogosphere.
    I have always sewed alone and once in my life I had a friend that sewed as fanatically as I . We competed and shared and fed each others habit!We both miss that comraderie.
    I am in Mexico now, on the beach, and sewing alone again. Sew all of you women out there will be my inspiration. It is hot here, so unstructured clothing and cool fabrics are all that I work on.
    So tell me what is SWAP?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails