Friday, July 30, 2010

July has been good to me!

My sewing mojo blew the roof off my sewing nook this month!  I finished eight, yes 8 garments this month!

The month started on a sew-sew note...cause that architectural dress kicked my *ss!  And honestly though it's done, I will probably never wear it out of the house in it's present state...it just needs to be reworked.  However, that pleated front idea is still playing with my mind...as evidenced by the last garment I made this month:

the chevron stripes on the center front of the dress

So the breakdown for the month is as follows:

Five dresses:

The Architectural Dress


The Floral Linen Print Dress


The Red Silk Crepe Tank Dress

(I love wearing this dress - it's just fun!)


VW Gray Rayon Dress

named for the Vera Wang fabric I used to make it!


and the Gray & White Chevron Front Dress


and three quickie straight elastic waist skirts.  But even better than that...because even though I fell off the fabric wagon (why doesn't that thing drive straight and avoid the curves so that we are continually falling off the thing and climbing back on) buying 9 yards of fabric...I used 18 yards of fabric!  Isn't that fantastic!

Now I know my August totals aren't going to be that great because we have meetings at my job for the first two weeks that are all encompassing and exhaustive...so I might be doing more sleeping on the weekends than sewing! 

However, Labor Day weekend kicks off my annual Sewing Staycation!  Nine days of all out sewing...what bliss!  It brings a smile to my face just to think about it!  I'm already creating a list of garments I want to sew...and as a reminder here is the Flickr Album of the items I made last year!

Parting Shot: 
I'm borrowing Summerset's parting shot while she's away...

Here's a picture of The Little Prince ~


He's had his first haircut, is into everything and is over 2 feet tall!  He's gonna be a big'un!

...as always, more later!

33 comments:

  1. They are all lovely, it must be rewarding to see them together. I'm sewing the Tracy Reese blocked skirt at the moment in a striped fabric, that has architectural design elements as well, and loving the way it is coming together. You amaze me with the details and number of outfits you finished while managing a busy job and not skimping on quality. Your mojo was certainly with you this month! Enjoy wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot accomplished! The little man is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve the red dress! Soooooooooo cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been doing your thing for real. I love summer sewing. He is a cute, look at that adorable face

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a cutie patootie! I'll let you borrow my shoes if I can borrow some of your dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, he has grown! and cuter every time we see him! What a blessing!

    Your productivity is amazing. I bet you bring to work the same focus that you bring to sewing. I don't doubt that you are very successful in your career life. Way to go, Caroline~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put me to shame! I cannot believe how big the Little Prince is. He is growing like a weed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how much the Little Prince has grown!

    Congrats on all that good sewing mojo this month. Lots of pretty dresses to show for it. Me? Nada. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have had a great sewing month, wonderful garments. I can't believe how big your guy is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carolyn, you're not kidding about your mojo this month. The Little Prince is quite a handsome young man.

    I have no doubt you will rework the architectural dress and wow us as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you was on a mojo sewing roll. Looking forward to see what September brings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done! And the Little Prince is such a cute lil' punkin!!!

    As I was watching the local news this morning, I noted that one of the reporters was wearing the original Calvin Klein architectural dress, and I immediately thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! Way to go. They all look wonderful on you. And the little prince is precious.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the red dress is my favorite.
    How old is the little Prince mow? He is certainly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!!! The red dress is my favorite. Can't wait to see what you do on the Butterick dress.

    The little prince is sooo cute - watch out when he gets older!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, he's soooo cute!
    Love looking at all your new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy that this has been a very productive month for you. I love all eight pieces and I can't wait to see what you start sewing for the fall. Your little prince is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great July sewing, C! Should I post photos of the pillows I made this month? (Not.) Love the photo of Baby D: I definitely see your daughter in him. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow!! Great job! I wish I could say I accomplished more in the sewing realm, but sadly it has not been much. :) Love your dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You were very productive! The red is my favorite although I love them all. The little prince is a doll, they grow up so fast...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carolyn, you had a very productive month with such impressive results! I can keep up with you on the fabric buying, but not the sewing. Can you send some of that mojo my way?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great looking collection and great output from your sewing room.
    Hope you're enjoying your summer - looks like it judging that the mojo has asserted itself so strongly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, and I forgot to mention what a great big boy the little prince has turned into. What fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all your sewing but that little Prince is the best yet. Love that sweet little face. It is so wonderful to be a Grandma. You have really been busy during July and I admire you for all the sewing you do.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you've been busy!!! Good deal on all you've got done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All of your dresses are awesome, I love your aesthetic. Your little Prince is too cute for words, you really should share more pics of him.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My goodness, that total just blows me away! Good for you :) I finished 1 blouse this month, and nearly finished another, and got 3 things cut out. And I stay home all day!!!!
    Your dresses are lovely, Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Baby Boy's getting big. He always looks like a happy guy. Your July accomplishments are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You had a great month! Oh, how I envy your Staycation! I suppose it would help if I "unearthed" my sewing room. If you don't use them, they seem to disappear.

    The LP is completely adorable! Can't believe he's so big already.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So impressed! The little man is too dang cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails