1. I think one of the reasons that I love designer gear so much is figuring out how to make it work for me. Not just the making the silhouette work but also how the dress would be constructed. I've spent the last few works working out several designer dresses construction and I like the challenge. I just hope that I can get some of them made this season.
2. I don't need clothes anymore. I sew now for the creative outlet, for the chance to try something new and to answer the questions of how it's done. So this season's sewing will be about new techniques or revisiting techniques I haven't used in awhile...making some pieces I haven't sewn in a minute...stretching my talents to make more "whoa" and "wow" outfits than basic pieces.
3. I'm even going to do quite a bit of casual sewing this season. I'm cruising and I want to make some of my pieces not purchase all of them. I haven't done alot of casual sewing in years...so this will definitely be something different.
4. There will be no spring sewing vacay this year. I'm taking the last two weeks of August off, one week to cruise, one week to sew, and because I have to spread my vacation days out...the spring sewing vacay is gone.
5. My Stitches Magazine subscription is expiring and I don't know if I should renew. If anyone out there is a subscriber, could you leave a comment either pro or con. I need some discussion on this topic.
6. I'm using crayons, seriously I am, to draw up some garments that I have ideas about. I'm so tickled that I'm using crayons. Isn't that silly yet fun?
7. I saw the movie Hunger Games and because of that I read the first two books of the trilogy in 3 days, and now I'm intrigued about Katniss' outfits. Which is so silly because it's not like I could wear them to work...the book has truly wormed it's way into my subconscious.
8. My friend(s) do not help me with my fabric addiction. One of them sent me a link to a new website (to us) and now I'm trying my hardest not to buy anything from them. The new site is: www.lowerpricefabric.com. Has anyone purchased anything from them? How is the service? Any info would be appreciated.
9. I've got two posts of the same name...*sigh* I think I'm going to have to get more creative in naming my posts or I'm going to have to search my blog before labeling them from now on...
10. I'm addicted to a new fashion blog, The Curvy Fashionista. I am naturally a fashionista and only lately have I begun to follow fashion bloggers. I love how she features designer plus size gear but also writes informative posts. This one is especially deserving of note.
11. To all the new owners of the fabric that was offered in the giveaway, it all went out yesterday...so depending upon where you live...you should be getting it soon.
12. Sorry but somehow my Friday post (I'm a Talbots Woman) got lost. There were quite a few inspirational pictures in it and I was so annoyed that I just didn't take the time to recreate it.
photo courtesy of The New York Times
13. There is a really kewl article about the designer, Tadashi Shoji in the NYTimes. I've always loved his designer evening wear for plus size and larger women but I didn't realize that he designed for women of all sizes...check out the pictures in the photo gallery inbedded in the article.
So now that you've entered the murky waters of my creative mind...*LOL*...these are a few of the things floating around...as well as the list of garments I want to sew.
...as always, more later!