Friday, January 18, 2013

What's up next on the sewing table...

Friday Night and here I sit in the sewing cave with three days stretching ahead of me to sew!  So first things, first...the winner of the faux leather is:

BeckyMc!

BeckyMc if you would leave your email address in the comments section by Sunday evening (January 20th) I will email you for your home address and get this right out to you on Tuesday.  If I don't hear from you by then I will pull another name on Monday.

****************************************************

This is what's laying on the sewing table waiting to be sewn this weekend...


It's the jacket and the anchor piece to The City in Winter Collection.  I need to come back to this wardrobe and finish it up!  I want to get the jacket and the dress made this weekend but realistically I will probably only finish the jacket.  So we will see what actually emerges from the sewing machine.

I finished the dress to the Pleasant Purple jacket...pictures after the weekend!  I like it.  It makes me smile to look at it.  I'm hoping that y'all will like it to! *LOL*

Which brings me to a wearability report ~
I've worn both ponte dresses to work and not only did they both receive a lot of compliments, they were both easy to wear. It's one of the reasons that I love ponte knits so much!  I haven't worn the jacket/dress combo yet...probably because I really want to wear it with the dress I made using the jacket fabric.  So those new pieces will be worn after the holiday weekend.

That's my update for tonight...

...as always more later!











9 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I win! Thank you!
    becky at mckeent dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Becky!

    Carolyn, ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, love your sewing plans for this weekend. Can I ask what Vogue pattern number that is? I've tried 6208, 3208, and 8208 but none of them came up right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is going to be great. It will work well with the CWC. Congrats, Becky! Have a fun sewing weekend, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous sewing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Katharine,
    It's V8208 OOP. Check http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/21685

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea! That's going to be a stunning piece to pull that wardrobe together. I'm glad the ponte pieces are working so well.

    I'm excited to see what emerges from the new sewing cave beauty this weekend - I bet you surprise yourself. g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful sewing weekend! I am going to spend some time daydreaming about that faux leather! And maybe work on a UFO or two. Happy MLK day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carolyn! Perhaps you have noticed that I am following your blog fairly regularly and cannot help but be amazed by what you are doing! Great ideas, well executed and prolific on top of it.I am not working any longer, therefore my needs and wants are different now.
    Anyway, keep up the good work and all the best!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails