Tuesday, December 03, 2013

It's Been An Extreme Honor

...to be one of the initial nine bloggers asked to participate in The Mood Sewing Network.  I was thrilled when asked and I blogged about that excitement here.  

Throughout the last year I've had a lot of fun, met and made friends with several members of the staff at the Mood NYC store specifically Todd, Eric, George and Diane. You've all enhanced this experience for me but Monday's post was my last post for the Mood Sewing Network.

It's been an amazing journey and I've grown in so many ways.  I've challenged myself in many areas, especially photography.  But all good things must come to an end and I would like to personally thank Eric Sauma and Meg McDonald for giving me this opportunity, believing in me and welcoming me into their wonderful organization.  I will miss my monthly visits to the store!

I really hope that The Mood Sewing Network continues to grow and touch sewists everywhere.  And if you haven't had the opportunity to shop at the Mood store in NYC, you should put it on your bucket list because it is an amazing place full of wonderful fabrics and magical moments.

Mostly though, I will miss my fellow Mood bloggers.  Many of you I didn't know prior to joining MSN and now I count you as friends.  You know who you are without me naming names and I wish you ALL continued success and many more wonderful sewing journeys!

I will still be sewing and sharing my garments here in my corner of cyberspace and I hope you will continue to follow the wonderful sewists at MSN!

...as always more later!

p.s. Per Meg - if anyone is interested in becoming a blogger for the Mood Sewing Network, you should send an email to: info2@moodfabrics.com with "Mood Sewing Network Blogger" in the subject line and a link to your blog in the body of the email!!!

Good luck to anyone that applies!

25 comments:

  1. That was an extreme honor. So glad you enjoyed the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean that you will not be blogging anymore? Will you still on Bloglovin.com?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean that you will not be blogging anymore? Will you still on Bloglovin.com?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn, you've done an amazing job as a Mood Network Sewist. I always enjoy your work and how you 'make it work'.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you read the last sentence of this blog entry, she says she will still be sewing and blogging and I look forward to all future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved what you did with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing experience and you did a fantastic job with all your Mood projects. All the best for 2014 and I'll be following along as always, here at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such an amazing job at the MSN and you will be missed. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you and your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww!! I'm going to miss your Mood posts so much. I'm glad you'll still be blogging here because I would be going through a Carolyn withdrawal for sure if that wasn't the case! Best of luck with your future sewing endeavors, it's been a pleasure sewing along with you at Mood:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Carolyn, what a cordial finish to such excellent work. I'm very glad that you've called it when you felt so moved. Enjoy the holidays ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you participated in this well-deserved honor, and not surprised you are now bowing out. Time to pass the torch, and to enjoy your mojo with no external deadlines. A graceful exit, a class act as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sewing adventures are so inspiring and your looks are always so well put together. I still looking forward to sharing your sewing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sure was a wonderful honour for you Carolyn and it's been fun watching you share you Mood journey. I've been an avid follower of yours way back before Mood and will continue to be for a very long time to come. I'm so thankful for discovering your blog and for getting to know you over the last couple of years and am actually honoured that I can call you one of my wonderful online sewing friends. You've welcomed so many of us into your life and your sewing den :) Thank you for being you! Sending virtual hugs your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carolyn…I always enjoyed reading about your sewing adventures and you will be missed on the Mood Sewing Network. I am happy to know that you will be continuing your blog…a frequently visited bookmark of mine. You are a classy lady !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll miss you, Carolyn, but I'm a big supporter in honoring your own needs. Looking forward to following you wherever things may lead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've done great work, but one does need to keep moving to stay fresh and focused. I look forward to seeing what direction you go next, friend. K

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad that I was able to meet and get to know you through the Mood Network! You're my sewing idol as well as one of the most fun people I know! I look forward to seeing what you get up to when you don't have any deadlines hanging over your head!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's most important is that you loved what you did and are happily moving on.

    Eagerly waiting more amazing output ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you might not be at MSN... but you'll be at my sewing desk with me every time i think "carolyn would do this right!!!" :) knowing you is THE perk of this honor, lovely carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are sorry to see you go, Carolyn, and hope to still see you shopping and sewing with Mood fabrics.

    If any of your readers are interested in becoming a blogger for the Mood Sewing Network, they should send an email to info2@moodfabrics.com with "Mood Sewing Network blogger" in the subject line. —Meg at Mood

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll miss you on the Mood Network, but glad that I can still benefit from your blog. It was a well deserved honor to be one of the original nine. I bet some Mood Fabrics appear on your blog from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved your Mood posts, but then all your posts are great. I am sure it would have been quite a commitment so now you can just enjoy sewing as your creative side leads you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. While I have loved your Mood-related posts, I love your other posts just as well. Everything you make is done so well, and you are an inspiration to so many. (There is nothing stopping you from still going to Mood monthly, is there?)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know you already know it, but I'll miss you at MSN! But, I'm so glad you'll still be blogging here, and I know your stash will keep you busy for years and years to come even if you keep on your fabric diet and don't have an MSN allowance! If I ever make it to NYC, I still hope you'll come out to any sort of sewing meet up that might happen. That said, with the little one on the way, who knows when I'll be up for a fun trip to NYC, right?! Still, one of these days I'd love to see you in one of your TNT dress patterns in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails