These the Honorable Mention blogs:
Additional Sewing Blogs ~
All of the sewing blogs that received a mention in the comments have been listed below in alphabetical order:
I know this is an extremely long post but I wanted to add just a few thoughts I garnered from this exercise.
- I understand better now how Madalynne ended up with her list...because to come up with these lists I expended a lot of precious sewing time and searched a lot of blogs on the internet.
- These lists expand greatly on her start and are much more inclusive and extensive and I think show a greater reflection of the sewing community as a whole.
- There is also a global feel to this list that I like. Blogs from Australia, England and Europe are all included in these lists. It pretty much means that wherever you are, there is a sewing sista near you blogging.
- I think it's important to note that these lists will change with time. Sewists come and go in the blogosphere. This definitely affects "the go to" blogs at any given time. So these are hot now but may not be in the future or they may gain even more prominence.
- Also, even though I think I have a pretty wide ranging audience and gave a decent amount of time for people to respond, I think the actual amount of comments were small for the number of views of this blog post.
- There were over 4200 views to that post. There were over 44 likes on bloglovin' - the most likes I've seen since I claimed my blog on bloglovin'. However, I'm not sure every blog was evenly voted for...by this I mean MimiG just posted that she has over 100,000 followers on her sewing Facebook page but her blog only made the Honorable Mention list. To me that means quite a few of her followers don't follow my blog. So these lists are definitely subjective.
So thus ends this experiment...all of these posts, including a link to Madalynne's lists will be placed in a page on the top of the blog. However, I'm going to need a minute...hope you understand!
...as always more later!!!