Wednesday, March 12, 2014

This is what's on my sewing table...

I did get a little sewing done this weekend.  Didn't get anything finished but I thought I would show you a few pictures of what I'm working on...the dress is from an out of print Vogue pattern 8343 using a brown knit and some black faux leather. 

Back zipper, turtleneck and seam tape on shoulder seams

Fusible interfacing on side seams

Close up of interfacing strips fused to side seam

Sleeve with faux leather added to it

It's almost completed...I only need to add some hems and tack the turtleneck part down.  I didn't include a hanger shot of the dress because it is just so unappealing on the hanger...it looks like a brown robe with some leather. However, I've tried it on and it looks so much better on me so hopefully pics of me wearing the finished dress next weekend...

...as always more later!




12 comments:

  1. Bet it will be a gorgeous dress. As always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for showing the insides!!

    Can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I a can't wait for the finish product. Your work is so flawless. Again, thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get your zipper in so perfectly? I have a lot to learn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it's mostly practice! But my two tips would be to make sure that the zipper is opened and pressed and then baste the zipper in before stitching close to the coils.

      Delete
  5. Did you fuse the interfacing to the side seams to keep them from stretching or drooping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fused interfacing to the side seams to stabilize them because I added a strip of faux leather to both sides of the dress and I wanted the two fabrics to play nicely with each other.

      Delete
    2. LOL - that was my question too. I'm assuming you only add the fusible in cases like this and not if you're stitching knit to knit?

      Delete
  6. It was absolutely wonderful to see that great article of you in Threads magazine. keep up the good work. Also I find such joy as well as information in your written work. Thanks for all the inspiring and informational tips. Can't wait to see your completed dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the Vogue story. It's great that good bloggers are recognized for the contribution they are making to the sewing community.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails