Friday, September 08, 2006

I am soooo frustrated!

Back in cave man days when we just sewed in isolated bliss, I didn't care whether or not I used or had a home computer. I didn't own a digital camera and I sewed for my own personal pleasure and for the oooohhhhs and aaaaahhhs of my significant other and the people who I came in contact with me daily!

So why am I so frustrated....because I can't show you the new top that I just made from the rayon scarf border print! And it is really, really, cute, and I did such a good job using the border print in the design of the shirt! I know this because I got quite a few compliments on it when I wore it!


Because I can't share with you the new fabric combination that is making my heart sing! The fabric combination that I found in my fabric closet! It was just sitting there waiting for me to add one piece plus another piece and get *wonza wonderful!* Because I have such great pictures on my digital camera that I can't get off the said computer! *wahhahahha!*

Now see this is just crazy?! I sewed just fine before I had a digital camera and went on the sewing boards. I was very happy with the oooohhhs and aaaahhhs of my fellow co-workers. I was happy when a stranger complimented me in the street. Now, *hanging head in shame* now I need the adoration of the masses to feel special! What is wrong with me!?! See I have now become a member of that "computer generation." I like sharing my creations with people from different countries and continents. I like hearing what others have to say about my ideas. I like the fact that you (the peoples) can appreciate my obsession and my possessions. I love the idea that you like the things that I saw in a flat piece of fabric and made into a three dimensional garment. I like that I really, really do! *said in my best Sally Field voice*

So what is the problem! H*ll if I know. Something about the software that is loaded is not talking to the ethernet card and so it in turn is making the internet connection falter! All I know is that I have a home computer that the operating system has been wiped clean because my wonderful teenage daughters managed to infect it with 404 - do you hear that - 404 viruses! Which reproduced, configurated and generally killed my computer. So I am coming to you via my work laptop which of course, I can not load my digital camera software to! So I got pictures and no way to share. Can we say F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-E-D!!!!!!!

I think I should make a date with each and every one of you. You can meet me in front of the Project Runway window at Macy's and I can change clothes for you and model my newest creations. Then you could rush home and write heartwarming and complimentary things on my blog. Making the people who weren't able to meet us in NYC, pea green with envy. OR.....

I could get a grip. Realize that my computer woes are coming to an end shortly. And that I can post the pictures and tell my stories then....

In the meantime, I am just so FRUSTRATED!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am waiting patiently for all to be well with your computer to see your latest creations.

    Wow 404 viruses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, 404 viruses? I'm going to make sure that my anti-virus software is up to date next!

    In the meantime, I'll be awaiting a post on your new designs and fabrics. Although, I do like the Macy's modeling idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope it's all straightened out soon - I really love your blog and you put together some really fabulous outfits. I can't wait to see the latest creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being the mother of a teenage son I know exactly what you are going through! My son's computer was the network host for our DSL connection. Everytime his computer became infected (always hundreds of viruses!) I lost the internet connection on MY computer too! I got sick of that and made my computer the host and let him pay the fee every time we had to call the computer guru out for a cleaning.

    I wish I lived closer, I'd meet you in front of the PR window in a red hot second! I LOOOOVE seeing what all of my fellow sewing enthusiasts the world over are making just as much as I like showing off my own projects. Most of my friends don't sew and can't appreciate what goes into a project. Your shirt sounds fabulous - I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I feel you girl! I have just finished a dress for Sofie (with her help) and boy do I want to show it off. But no, the camera has decided to be a PITA! Sob, sob.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. If sharing your wonderful creations is a disease, then I am afraid I caught it too! I can't wait to see your new top.

    I know what you mean about computers. I always say that if anything happens to my hubby that you will find my computer being used as a doorstop. I would be lost without his diligence is firewall, security and all the other protectiont that I just don't get. I hope you get your computer cleaned soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn, what you say is sooo true, and funny! In the olden days we sewed for pure pleasure (and to have clothes on our backs) - but now our pleasure is diminished if we can't show it off to our co-sewers.

    Sorry your computer is sick - 'cause I love it when you show your stuff off - I hope it can be cured!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails