- This July wasn't a normal July for me. It started out with me having to put my sewing room back together which of course messed with my sewing mojo. Then I spent a lot of time at work, so my mojo became a victim of my tiredness...okay I had NO sewing mojo. A clean revamped sewing room, but no mojo.
- Then I thought of this great idea to give away fabric and not purchase any more for the remainder of the year. Can I tell you that I went back and forth over that post several times before I finally posted it. Really! It's kinda scary to pledge that you won't buy any more fabric for the rest of the year AND then on top of that pledge to give 20 pieces away. So when I finally posted this crazy idea, the reaction was almost overwhelming. Seriously, I closed the comment section with 366 comments. I think about 10-15 comments don't want to be included but that means people have a 1 in 350 chance to win. Wow!
- I made four pieces this month ~ two skirts and two dresses. The dresses are being blogged in August but they were completed in July. I know I shouldn't be discouraged about my outcome because really I got four wonderful pieces...but you know me...always striving for more!
- For anyone interested, BMV patterns are back on sale for Club Members until Sunday, August 4th. I finally got the Timothy reference to Vogue 8919 because I watched that episode of Project Runway Thursday night. I remember now why I stopped watching this show. There's not as much designing as I would like but there's definitely drama, drama, drama which is probably why I loved The Great British Sewing Bee so much ~ no drama, just sewing. And I miss Michael Kors...Zac Posen is nice but he's no MK!
- I just finished taping. Yeah that got old really fast. I do want to thank Melissa from Fehr Trade for pointing me to her blog posts regarding the dress. It's given me a lot of food for thought but Melissa can I tell you that I won't be thread tracing those pleats! Girl I have to give you some serious props for that!
- Can't wait for the Fall fashion magazines to arrive! I mean for once I'm sewing ahead of the season. So I want to see if the things I've picked to make compare to what "the experts" are saying are in.
- Oh yeah, I made my fall sewing list...garments to sew this August and September especially since my sewcation starts on the 30th of this month! There are a couple of designer inspired pieces, a couple of the new Vogue patterns, a vintage Vogue pattern and one from the last rotation of patterns. Ten pieces which I think is totally doable in the next eight weeks, and all but one (my August Mood Project) from fabric for the collection.
- My patterns arrived from the last Vogue sale and this is what I bought...
Vogue 1366 - Anne Klein blouse & pants
I want this blouse bad!!!
Vogue 1367 - Rebecca Taylor design
Again, I want the top!
Vogue 8921 - I think I had new pattern fever
when I bought this one, cause I'll never sew it up!
Vogue 8923 - Love, love, love this one!
You will see it sooner rather than later!!!
Vogue 8935 - Another one that I really love!
It reminds me of a vintage Simplicity pattern I own
This is another one on my must-sew now list!!!
Vogue 8936 - another peplum top and skirt
I like the princess seams on this one!
Finally, this is a sewing weekend and I'm so thrilled. 48 hours of just wallowing in my sewing room and spending quality time with my fabric. I'm going to finish up my red dress and I may have pics to share...I may not cause really I just want to sew...
...as always more later!