Monday, October 22, 2007

Coldwater Creek Inspiration Wardrobe - Update #1

Okay, I am going to admit it right up front! I'm a SWAP girl. I can't help myself. It's in my blood and I've been indoctrinated...I am a card carrying, fabric collection buying, always matching my pieces together SWAP girl.

Now why am I making this admission? Because what started as a simple jacket/dress combo for my work wardrobe has morphed into a SWAP - 11 garments that work together to give you as much flexibilty when getting dressed as possible. How did this happen? Well one reason is because I am an U-N-R-E-P-E-N-T-E-N-T Fabricaholic...I loves me some fabric! The second reason is because being such a fabric addict (almost said ho! *LOL* and the good Rev. Al Sharpton says I shouldn't use that word no mo'...) I tend to purchase fabric in the same colorways. Which makes mixing and matching fabrics, a very easy thing to do!

Y'all know that I have recently acquired some new fabrics...and y'all know that there was some brown wool crepe in the mix. So enterprising seamstress that I am I held that piece up to my fabrics and woohoo they C-O-O-R-D-I-N-A-T-E-D! I mean these pieces looked GOOD together...so good, how good...so good that I decided I needed to make some more pieces! And then before you knew it I had a SWAP going. *LOL*

Yeap it kinda just happened to me....yeah right! I know I'm a SWAP girl...So here's a shot of the almost finished pieces...well actually ~ the dress, the jacket, and the top are done...complete...finito! The skirt needs to be hemmed and the elastic added to the waist and then it too moves to the finished side. Also pictured is a creamy vanilla wool/lycra sweater knit that I used to make a twinset several years ago. It works perfectly with these pieces and they make garments number 10 and a 11...a true SWAP complement!



I want to make 5 more pieces...from the brown wool crepe a pair of lined pants, from the dark chocolate sueded silk a tank top and v-neck shirt jacket, from the leftover (absolute last scraps) of the tan tropical wool ~ which started this journey off ~ a lined straight skirt...and the final piece a princess seamed jacket with collar from the brown wool crepe. I am going to be working with these fabrics just a little bit longer.

I think I may need to add another top. I'm not sure if it will be something that is already in my closet or if I will whip up another one, but you and I both know that I will definitely keep you informed.

However, I will slip the McCall's paisley print dress into the sewing rotation because it is still singing its siren song to me ~ very loudly! Well, that's my first update on the new Coldwater Creek Inspiration Wardrobe...and hey I am a SWAP girl!

13 comments:

  1. Carolyn, what a SWAPPER you are!!

    Can I make a request? I want to have a closer look at your photos but most times you can't click on them. I love to look at your details etc. Your first photo is clickable and the detail of the fabric is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a great wardrobe. I second Vicki's request :) Your sewing is so inspiring, we want to see all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Couldn't help yourself, could you? It looks great a will be a nice relief from the black and grey of your work world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love that you said "unrepentant"!! I may have to use that sometime!!! Beautiful fabrics and wadrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol,,, well, at least you know what you love to do. I love the idea of a swap it really makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  6. The neutral, softer & lighter colourway looks great-a nice balance-not bland, which can be a risk with these hues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swap! Love your colors and details. Can't say that I'm a swap-girl by nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pieces! I'm amazed and inspired and amazed again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collection is going to look great... I love the colors - did I see a glimpse of the dark chocolate sueded silk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You, SWAPper, you!! All your garments are beautiful, as usual. I had to laugh at the "I loves me some fabric" comment. I hear ya sister - I loves me some fabric too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carolyn, your swap is wonderful (no surprise there) and you know who became a SWAP girl (or SWAQP girl) because of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you sly thing you. Toya just announced your interview on her podcast - and you never said a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colorway on this SWAP! Go, go Carolyn!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails