Just a few things...all of it random...
1. I have decided not to enter the Timmel SWAP. I am just not sewing that way these days and since I don't have as much regular time due to job constraints or vacation time to devote to planning, sewing and photographing a collection, I am passing this year. And this is a major decision for me since I have participated in the SWAP for the last three years. *sigh*
2. It is still summer here in NJ! What's up with that!?! And it will continue to be warmish through the middle of next week...the upside of that is that I can take my time working on my new fall pieces without feeling the rush to complete them and wear them...'cause I can't - its too warm! *LOL*
3. However, it is so different sewing fall/winter clothing versus summer clothing. Making the transition and changing my expectations always bums me out a little during this time of the year. Especially since this year, I will be making more tailored lined pieces and all of the needed infrastructure is time consuming. I am moving away from sewing skirts and dresses (well I have a few new ones planned for fall! *smile*) and into more labor intensive jackets...which leads to point 4.
4. Thanks everyone for encouraging me to forge ahead in my new direction. I was pleasantly surprised at how the new look for the jacket came together and how it is really following the direction that I want to take my sewing in for fall/winter. Now I have to remove the piping from the jacket which was basted to the front and add the remaining intrastructure and lining. There are several more hours of work that need to be done to this jacket before it is ready for primetime wearing and viewing but I like the direction I am headed in.
5. I still have not hemmed the border print linen skirt that I made during my sewing vacay! I am definitely getting to that this weekend so that I can wear it on Monday - it may be the last chance I get before fall finally arrives! It is way past time that I got this puppy into my closet and not just hanging on top of the door!
6. Planning is moving forward for my new fall/winter pieces. I have been looking at sites and going through my fabric collection. I am determined to sew more of my fabric collection this year instead of just adding to it. There are some wonderful treasures in it, that I have spent time collecting and now they should see the light of day! I added a new bar to the side of my blog, "What I'm Sewing Now" so you can see the latest collection/pieces in progress.
7. I have become obsessed with this pattern ~ McCalls 5555 (one of the few that McCalls is offering in women's sizing!) ~ I want to make it in a wool challis paisley print that I have had in my collection for over 20 years. I am thinking of using View D without the belt and pockets and with a lining. That should make my version of the dress very corporate yet trendy.
That's it for today. I don't know if I will have any sewing pics to share with you this weekend since I will be doing more work on the jacket and enjoying the journey!