Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Coat Sew Along and other things...

Not only have I committed to sewing four pieces or a mini-wardrobe for the June Capsule Contest but I'm also participating in the Great Coat Sew Along...

Now you wouldn't know that I was participating if you are reading the blog, 'cause I've barely posted there...but I do have plans to follow along and make a coat.


I ordered a chocolate wool flannel from Gorgeous Things...it seems like quite a few of us have gotten our coat fabric from there and I'm using Vogue 7978 as my coat.


However, I don't have a lining fabric or the innerworkings yet...and somewhere I am going to have to scrounge up some heavier weight muslin to make a coat muslin...

I also promised you a picture of the Sewing Workshop Mission Tank that I made this weekend to wear with an existing skirt - so here is the outfit I wore to work today.


It was so hot and humid outside today, that it was hard to breathe and this was the perfect outfit for the awful weather...of course I stood out in the sea of blackness that is my office...but it was just too danged hot to care!

I have now used up the last piece of that fabric and will be moving on to the 2nd and 3rd pieces of my JCC...and btw, I just found out that there is a prize for the first 30 finishers...ummmm, why was I spreading my sewing out over 4 weekends?!! *LOL*

Thank you everyone who commented on my optical illusion dress. I know its a little different especially for a "big girl" like me...but it was a perfect dress for work in the heatwave we're having....

More later...


23 comments:

  1. Man - you were rockin' it today! I love that outfit, and with the top - looks great. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabric, very summery! I wanted the coat sew along but I'm too late, there are no more spots! But I'm making a coat anyway.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the other pieces of your JCC wardrobe :)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I wrote too fast. I meant to say that I wanted to join the great coat sew along but was too late. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the colourful summery outfits you are coming up with lately, and thats coming from someone who would fit right into your office of blackness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit, and what's wrong with standing out in a sea of blackness at your office? You're orginal!
    And great pattern/fabric for the coat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like a flower - so fresh and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, you were the bright spot, and in a heat wave, who wants to look at black? I can't imagine even putting on black in 90+ degree heat.
    I was off the computer all day yesterday, and all weekend too - has anyone finished the JCC capsule yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, forgot to comment - you haven't got a single thing in your stash to line a brown coat with? Seriously? Just thinkin' about those long range plans, and wondering how deep you can dig.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock! I agree with Marji, wouldn't dream of black in the summer except for a funeral!

    Plus I love your optical illusion dress. It is fab! You look good in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fresh, summery outfit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great in bright colors. I'd never go with muted pales all the time if I weren't so pale myself. And I'll bet all the black in your office was jealous of your beautiful colors and envious of your confidence to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outfit is lovely! Nice and cool on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fresh and cool - certainly a breath of fresh air at the office, too! I love those bright colors on you - your whole face lights up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fabric! I hear you about the sea of black. That's the way it is here in the winter months. Luckily once the weather improves the colors change too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great in that outfit! Love the colors. They look very cool and refreshing, perfect for this hot weather we have been having.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woman, you look FABULOUS!!!

    Your plans for a coat sound great! I purchased my heavy weight muslin last friday and I plan to go through the muslin construction during the next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that green on you! I'm so envious that you can wear a floral like that, I just love it and would look stupid on me but it looks amazing on you. And the shoes - please show us more of your shoes.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. VavaVoom! You look great in this outfit! You should wear this great colors more often. Truly flattering on you!!!

    Like you I have not posted much on the GCSA blog. I am feeling behind and I am!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love it! I love it! I love it! (You can tell I read/commented on last post before this one.) This is not pastel but so fresh and gorgeous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't you love going against the grain! Your assemble is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails