Sunday, June 29, 2008

June 30th doesn't end until midnight, right?

Here is where I stand...



June 30th doesn't end until midnight right? So technically I can come home tomorrow, finish up the jacket, take some pictures and submit it all before 11:59 pm...or am I pushing it too close?

Well...I'm committed now and I can almost see the finish line...so this is what's left on the jacket...

1. Hem the sleeves - then sew the tab and button on.
2. Finish pressing the hem up, add hem tape and stitch it down.
3. Make buttonholes and sew buttons on.
4. Insert shoulder pads
5. Give it another good pressing

I can finish all of that by midnight tomorrow night, right? And if I don't I guess you guys will be the first to know...but....I....am....not....quitting....yet! *LOL*



One more pic for the road...and I would be absolutely, positively NO-GOOD on Project Runway...I am not at my best under pressure...

taking my tired behind to bed...



18 comments:

  1. You're doing good so far. :)

    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crowd starts chanting, "carolyn, Carolyn, CAROlyn, CAROLYN!!!" You can do it, I know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket looks great, you can finish it and get pictures. BTW, is it midnight Eastern time or another time zone? You might get an extra hour or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning wardrobe, Carolyn! Yes, I think you have a fair chance of getting it done. I'm cheering for you - go Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone can do it, you can, Carlolyn!! The wardrobe looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, you get bonus points for NOT calling in sick today. Admit it.... you know you considered it. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! You HAVE to do it ... this JCC is looking so great!

    Hope you don't have to work late today, that the traffic flows without any hiccups, and that have enough energy left to finish the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *LOL* Bonnie for a fleeting second I did...however, my boss is on vacation and one of us has to be in the office...so I am settling for leaving work early - at 5pm! *LOL*

    It will give me an extra hour and a half that hopefully I will put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. C'mon, Honey! You'll do this no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I read on the JCC thread on SG that the pictures can be submitted *later* just the sewing should be completed by midnight. :) Love your wardrobe - if anyone can get it completed, YOU CAN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can do it! the wardrobe looks wonderful. Maybe there will be light traffic today with people taking off early for the holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sew baby,Sew! You can do it ! Everything looks so good.Go Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you need a 3.00pm migraine that will necessitate you leaving work early! Good luck. I finished at 11.00 so you can do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go, Carolyn. Go, Carolyn. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you shouldn't be on line while you're rushing to beat the deadline, but....how is it going? I can't wait! This is BETTER than Project Runway, the suspense!
    New idea: little tub of cool water with fizzy tablets in it under the home desk to pamper my toesies!! This is great! Of course, I can't get up to take a break in the sewing room, either...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, saw your posts only today and didn't get a chance to cheer you up! I hope you did it, Carolyn, cause what you have there looks really gorgeous to me! Lovely colours, great shapes and I absolutely adore the piping on the jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails