Sunday, June 29, 2008

Three Down and One to go!

As the title says..."three pieces done and one more to go!" Okay that's an expansion on the title but hey I can see the finish line, and I'm a little giddy! The first three pieces of my JCC wardrobe are completed and ready to be worn...



...All three pieces...



...SW Mission Tank and pants...




TNT dress with banded sleeves and pleated bottom.


Tomorrow I will work on the safari jacket and this wardrobe will be done.

I have to make or buy an accessory...so my official entry will have two accessories...a scarf tie for the tank so I can have a bowtie look on the blouse and a belt for the jacket...made from the pattern.

However my real new accessory is these shoes...purchased just for these new pieces! Gosh I love a new pair of shoes...though they won't arrive in time for the official end of the contest because I waited to long to order them!

Tomorrow is one more piece and pictures...and of course I will share here when its done!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I especially like the tank top. Have fun with the last piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing so far - love, love, love the colours!! And those shoes, yowza but they are fabulous! C'mon fess up, where'd ya get 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see you are almost done, love the shoes, I can definitely see it with your capsule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job sewing, good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the sewing gods are with you. I am almost there, still one top to complete. Will have to do that after work tomorrow as I have run out of matching thread!! I was sure I had plenty of that colour, but alas not. Off to bed for me now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Can't wait to see photos of you in them. I love the shoes also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your collection is coming along very nicely and actually, took another peeksy earlier this week at the post for Sliding into Second. I just love the dress, the contrasting band, pleats.. its just fabulous. Looking forward to your JCC pics.

    Your suggestion about the fabric and color for my last JCC piece was dead on Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great dress and set. All look great; I cannot wait to see the safari jacket. BTW, your "vintage" dress came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set. And those shoes are tdf! And the collection of vintage patterns is nice too (previous post). The red dress with bow is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress! I have that same fabric as your tank top - now I'm going to have to look for those shoes! I havent tried J.renee before, but have seen that they do come in wide. Are they comfortable? (I know you don't have yours yet - but have you tried others of their brand?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your capsule. The dress turned out perfectly. I, too, have used this capsule as an excuse to buy new shoes, even though they won't arrive in time. But then, I never really need an excuse to buy new shoes. Looking forward to seeing your last piece.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. The capsule looks wonderful! Can't wait to see you in the clothes.

    (Because neither DH or myself can get Outlook Exp. to send messages, here's your answer: I got the fabric from a local store (The Cutting Room) but Linda at Danvillegirl purchased the same fabrice online - Fashion Fabrics Club I think. I've worn it twice this week and just love it. I'm going to have to put some type of reinforcement at the top of the pleat (I'm pretty rough on my clothes in the summer - a lot of chasing the kids around!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks great and you've done an excellent job! I like those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails