Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sewing Vacation = Sewing Camp

The purpose of this sewing vacay is to totally immerse myself in, to wallow in, to overflow my soul with creating...I'm treating this sewing vacay like it's a sewing camp or retreat. You know where you gather together with a group of your peers or friends and devote a specific amount of time to sewing. Yes this is what I'm doing this week! I'm being totally dedicated to my craft...

And in that vein, I have a goal for this week...to finish one garment per day. Just one...I think this is doable. My list for sewing this week is a mix of simple, TNT and one or two new patterns. I've planned this like a general planning a major offensive on the battlefield! Supplies are on hand, Mountain Dew and food are stocked...I've even laid in a fresh supply of batteries for the digital camera to document the process. But most importantly, I have a list and a full fabric closet to bring this to fruition.

So starting tomorrow morning, I will prewash fabric, cut and alter patterns and generally prepare to sew. I will sew every day except for Friday...with a hard stop at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday evening. Stopping then will allow me to calmly put everything away, vacuum the threads and drippings off my carpet, and slowly decompress for my re-entry into my work week.

There will be a limited amount of computer time...I don't want anything to intrude on my dedicated sewing time...I will, however, keep you updated on my progress! *LOL* I mean really that's part of the fun...sharing with all of you the struggles, the challenges and the satisfying results!

So let the sewing begin!

26 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great vacation. I look forward to seeing what you produce. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carolyn I can hardly wait to see your results. I know it will be amazing. Have fun!!!

    Drusilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, then. On your mark, get set, SEW!
    Looking forward to seeing what you create. Enjoy your week off a spare us working drudges a thought from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm,a garment a day. I like that goal - I think I will try to sew along with you.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a camp I wouldn't mind going to!! Good luck on your projects, and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a woman with a plan . . you cannot be stopped! May all your seams be straight and true -- have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spend a vacation. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see all the new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's only one rule that I would throw out there. This is the one rule I tell my kids when they go somewhere: Have too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great vacation! I will have to try that my next block of work free time! Can't wait to see what you accomplish! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun! I can't wait to see all the new clothes you make this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only thing you are missing is a chef. I'm missing Sewing Camp this Oct (due to the work situation) so I'm gonna to dedicate a weekend and tell JB he has to do all the cooking :)

    Can't wait to see what you get done. I'm sure you'll totally get one garment a day.

    I'm getting the clothing sewing urge again - hard! g

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a bit envious! Have a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great week - have fun ! Looking forward to seeing the new pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At last, sewing vacation is here! I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for it to arrive! I have a DH free weekend coming up and have plans for a garment I just can't get out of my head - a silver trenchcoat! Like you I am preparing so all I have to do is sew :-))

    Can't wait to see what you produce, enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Come spring I may try a sewing vacation. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that all of your blog-readers are as excited as you are about your sewing vacation! I know that I am. Enjoy! You are in inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOU GO GIRL! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am enjoying my sewing vacay also. I have two patterns cut out and have been working on a Burda jacket. Tracing the pattern was a bear. I plan to do some real sewing tomorrow, starting with a Vogue blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You sound super organised. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sounds super fun! *is jealous of your sewing vacation* I want lots of pics of your beautiful clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so excited about your sewing vacay! You'll create beautiful things I am sure, and we will get great inspiration as usual! Happy Sewing~

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are amazing, Carolyn! Hope you have a wonderful vacation; you're such an inspiration!

    ~SarahB

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have fun! I can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails