Saturday, January 29, 2011

Butterick Patterns ~ I Apologize!

ETA:  Butterick patterns are on sale for $2.99 (non Club BMV member) and $2.69 (Club BMV member) today, January 30th and tomorrow January 31st!

Okay I'm woman enough to say I'm wrong when I'm wrong and baby was I wrong!  I mean big-time WRONG!

These are all new plus size patterns from Butterick's 2011 spring line:



Suzy Chin for Maggy Boutique (Butterick 5598)
this dress goes up to a size 24


This Connie Crawford Dress & Vest
(Butterick 5620) in all sizes up to 6X!



A plus lifestyle pattern (Butterick 5618)
up to a size 28



and look at the back views...you could use just this pattern and make an entire wardrobe!



This top pattern (Butterick 5610) goes up to a size 26 - OMG, these are sooooo cute!  Love the details at the waist/hipline area and at the neckline.


This dress (Butterick 5593) only goes up to a size 22 - but it's semi-fitted with a lot of width in the bottom of the dress - where I need it most and it will look great made up in some of those trendy knits that are in my fabric closet!



I like the idea of this dress (Butterick 5600) and even though it only goes up to a size 22 and it has the elastic waist tie, I'm intrigued by it so I threw this one in the shopping cart too!

Now there are a couple of tops that are in the plus size range also.  They just aren't me so they aren't in my shopping cart waiting for the next sale but they are interesting.  What I'm basically saying to all my plus size sistahs is that I'm eating my words.  Butterick came through this time in a big way!  So let's not let this opportunity pass us by...make sure you purchase your favorite Butterick patterns and sew them up.  I know I will be making these cute outfits this spring/summer, for sure!

And finally, Butterick ~ I apologize!  You did good and I will be there with my pattern dollars to let you know how well you did!

...more later!

34 comments:

  1. Hi, Carolyn! I love these patterns - especially the first dress... I think all plus size sewers should try to buy some of these just to show the pattern companies how well they sell... Thanks for posting this!!! Have a great weekend :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I don't think I'd mind being proven wrong this time :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those "blue moon" moments when it's ok to be wrong, when we stand corrected, etc. I'm so glad that Butterick came out with these patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like most of these too. Butterick has been my favorite Big 4 for a while with Simp second. But ... they are not forgiven for not allowing these patterns to show up when you click on the Plus category. I really don't want to have to look at each pattern in the skinny groups to find the ones that run in the larger sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, thanks for showing us the new ones. I will be picking up a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, I am thinking that B5618 may be a good starting point for your upcoming DR trip! It's got a lot of "resort wear" potential.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see that the big 4 (or at least 1 of them) came thru! Of course, now people will have to make purchases so that they will keep it up! Hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thrilled when I saw these...I like the same ones you do plus a couple more. Especially like the tops they came out with. Have been looking for some cute ones for work...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Those are some great dresses and since I might have bought a few yards of knit from Fabric.com today - I really need some of them. g

    ReplyDelete
  10. The safari style one (B5598) is really neat! I hope we get to see a version you make of it this spring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad they listened Carolyn and many of those are in my sale wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great looking patterns, Carolyn, can't wait to see what you create from them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are some beautiful patterns. Thanks for pointing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay. My mouth is hanging open. I like those patterns. I see shopping in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great! Those are cute and trendy. Now, we are going to see a few those this spring/summer, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great selection on patterns and my favorite is 5618.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can tell you are happy about these patterns "giggles". The safari style wardrobe would look amazing on you for summer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perhaps, at last, they have listened to what their customers have been asking for! Good for Butterick. You have picked out some really nice looking patterns there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This just means that somebody listened!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funny, I saw these yesterday, and I wondered if you had seen them. I can't wait to see what you sew up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just went to the website and bought all the ones I want to sew up!!! Woohoo!!! Come on ladies, let's say thank you with our wallets during the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Time to load up! There's a $2.99 sale going on right now, until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I bought patterns from the Butterick website today, as well. I bought a few different ones, more of the Easy stuff and several tops, because that's what I need and in my skill level.

    I agree that we need to say thank you with our wallets, especially when it seems they are listening to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Does this mean you won't make any of the Burda Plus patterns? I was hoping to see you make a couple of those. But these Buttericks are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you!! I just bought myself a nice handful of patterns I've been eyeing for a while

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carolyn, I love your posts! Sewing has been a passing hobby for me since I was 10. You would think that I would be phenomenal at it, but no luck. I don't get near the practice time anymore that I would like. So, I am living vicariously through you, so to speak! Love, Love, Love your projects.

    http://the-knight-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just found you blog through the "Sew Forth Now" podcast. What a wonderful resource you have created! I will be a regular visitor. I love your red, cream & black dress.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a great collection of patterns. I know you will create wonderful clothes from them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the heads up of summer plus-size patterns. #5160 is a great tee but so much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm slowly reading through all your entries from oldest to newest and I am currently on this one: http://sewingfantaticdiary.blogspot.com/2007/10/saturday-morning-shout-out.html
    I would have responded to it, but I wasn't sure you would get my message.

    Currently, I am incredibly inspired by you to sew. I have 3 little ones three and under and thanks to reading your blog (and a few others) I'm really trying to make time to sew again. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your blog and love seeing the creations you make. I know I'm going to be so disappointed when I catch up and have to wait to read more entries. Thank you so much for sharing your art with random strangers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails