Sunday afternoon I realized that it was sunny and there was enough natural light in the living room in front of the fireplace to take a few pics. So I quickly ran upstairs, put some curls in my hair, a little make-up on my face and carted everything to the living room to try out the camera.
Things I learned...
- This is going to take a lot longer than when my daughter took my pictures because getting the right shot takes a lot of trial and error.
- Learning where to set up the camera to get pictures that are not just head shots is important.
- Don't shake the camera, even on the tripod, because then the camera takes photos that are out of focus.
- I'm fat up close - gotta remember to get those pictures ALOT further back and the tripod set up higher!
- Haven't yet mastered taking a photo without all the extra background noise - thank goodness for being able to crop and adjust the exposure!
- I need more than two poses - it gets boring quickly.
- Smile like I'm smiling at someone instead of the camera - those shots look more natural.
- Patience, patience, patience. You take a shot. Wait the ten seconds. Go back and check the picture. Lousy shot start all over again.
- I will get better with time. Just need to keep doing this over and over and over again.
Clear as a bell right?!
Dark and WTH am I wearing?
Dark, too much furniture in the shot.
Sure, I don't need to include my head in that shot!
Way too much stuff in the shot and do I know another pose?
Also WTH is going on with my pants? It looks like the winds blowing!
The main thing I learned last weekend ~ this is going to take time especially since there is no one to tell me when I've got a hair in the wrong place, to stand up straight, to make me laugh, make sure my clothing is straight, etc. But I finally feel like I'm making progress and no longer HATE the camera! Marce so glad that you didn't take me up when I offered to give it to you!!! *LOL* Finally I didn't use the point and shoot at all last weekend and I'm so proud of myself for that.
Since I'm making progress there probably won't be too many more posts about learning to use my camera. I may ask a question here and there but I can tell you the whining is done. Plus I found folders on Pinterest that lead me to sites that I'm going to try and use along with YouTube. I.feel.accomplished *LOL*.
It's a long weekend - 3 day holiday, so beside lunch with my daughter today, I will be ensconced in the sewing cave making my sewing machines hum and my iron hiss!
...as always more later!