Friday, September 09, 2011

Are you ready for some shopping?

Elizabeth who authors the blog, SEWN, has scheduled a shopping day in NYC on Saturday, September 17th.  This trip was originally scheduled for Saturday, August 27th but then Irene blew into town and wreaked our plans.

The trip was rescheduled for when none of Irene's friends and/or relatives will be around. 

Here are the particulars:

9:45am Gather in front of Starbucks at 494 8th Ave (corner of 8th and 35th St). I will hand out maps of the garment district and we’ll split into 2 groups.

9:55am Each group will walk to either Metro Textiles
(265 W 37th St, Ste 908, between 7th and 8th but closer to 8th)
or Elliott Berman (225 W 35th St, #7, between 7th and 8th but closer to 7th)

10:00am Shopping to commence!

11:00am Start having your fabrics cut

11:30am Leave for other store. If you started at Metro, go to Elliott Berman
and vice versa

12:00pm Shopping!

1:00pm Start having your fabrics cut

1:30pm Finished at both stores

At this point, you can use your maps to shop at other fabric or trim stores in the district, have lunch or just go home. I look forward to seeing you all there!

So if you've been looking for an opportunity to join like-minded fabricaholics in NYC's Garment District here is your chance.  Please sign up here on PatternReview...just leave a response and let them know that you will be joining in the fabric fun!

Okay...ready...set...shop!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I wish I could come...sounds like a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived close enough to join in--it sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are killing me, my son won't be in NYC until October so I won't be making a trip before then, but the fabric will still be there when I get there, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn,
    I read your 9/11 post and wanted to leave a comment but couldn't. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experiences. Your experiences just bring the truth home that this event affected so many people in so many ways. Thanks again for sharing. May the entire country and World never forget.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this does sound like a great time and wish I could come too!

    Thank you for the very nice comments on my dress. Don't be swayed by my negative comments on sewing my entire vacay wardrobe! If you feel the urge to sew for your upcoming cruise...by all means please do! I'm sure I'll feel differently when I'm on the cruise with all these nice new pieces! You will too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because I can't comment on the next post, I will comment here. Thank you for sharing your experience and for remembering those who had to deal with the aftermath. They tend to be forgotten, but they were definitely affected deeply by it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails