Friday, September 02, 2011

Shoe Fantasy

I've spent the last couple of weeks slowly but surely devouring all of the September issues of the fashion magazines that came to my apt.  I've even purchased a few that I don't normally read during the year to get the full flava of Fall 2011.  Quality time has been spent on Style.com checking out the designer gear that I've seen in the magazines...and quite a few visits have been paid to online retailers to determine pricing.

Now as you know, I'm a shoe girl.  I love shoes.  They are in my top five, under fabric and patterns of course, but before jewelry...I'm still learning an appreciation for fine jewelry.  Anyway, I've seen several ads for Salvatore Ferragamo outfits.  I've seen the line on Style.com but what always got me about those ads were the shoes.

I hearted the shoes B-I-G time!  Now, these shoes don't fit into my lifestyle.  I would have nowhere to wear them...let alone being able to walk in them...but I hearted them. 


So I looked them up on Nordstrom's site and almost fell over.  I don't believe I'm a cheap person.  I understand the value of things...but it wasn't just the price that got me on these shoes, it's the fact that the herringbone is made from python...genuine python.

Okay I H-A-T-E snakes!  Seriously abhor, detest, and can't abide snakes.  I don't have any snake fabric.  I won't carry a snake print bag.  So of course, I am no longer hearting these pumps...but seriously $950 for pure python pumps...ewwwww!!!

Now I know you're wondering is she sewing?  Did I miss a post?  Why is she posting about shoes and not sewing?  Well, I spent most of the day fiddling around 'cause I'm tired...really tired...the last two weeks have been very stressful...work-related stress but stressful none the less!  So, it's taking a minute to get started...but I have cut out my first garment...look for a post soon about it's construction.

...and as always, more later!

20 comments:

  1. I'm with you on snakes and hating anything snake related! If you're ever in Florence Italy, you must visit the Salvatore Ferragamo museum. The shoes, the shoes, the SHOES! The clothes...omg...the clothes. My friends had to drag me out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snake hater here, too. And anything snake related as well like you... shoes, bags, fabric. Yuck. Why on earth would anyone want to look like a snake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well when I first saw them I was going to suggest you wear them with your solid black V1250. But then I read about the snake - ICK! So forget it.

    I've spent the last 2 hours making pattern alterations to V1250 - Man I hope it works. Added width at the hips and bust and a little bit of length. I'll be starting with a plain brown heathered jersey. Fingers crossed for me. g

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the snakes...my boys have a couple toy snakes and I hate, hate, hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that was a fast transition from "what great shoes" to "eeewwwww!"

    Rest up girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My UPS driver just said to me on Tuesday, "If I found a snake at my house, I'd move out immediately and sell it at any price." Your snake thing is not as rare as one might think. Thanks for your V1250 words of wisdom. (And I never show pictures of my shoe collection. Those pumps from 1979 are coming back any day now.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in on the snake hatred! (Bad experience as a little girl.) I'll bet there is a nice shoe out there somewhere with a similar look but made from an acceptable material.

    Enjoy your long weekend. I know we are all looking forward to seeing the new creations that come from your sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your posts! Your love of life always shines through!Never lose your zest for life and all things sewing...it would be our loss for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snakes... shudder. I grew up in snake country. When I grew up I moved to the city and I will never leave it for anything. :)

    I hope you get your energy back, but I do get it! I myself am less... crazy active, at least for the beginning of a 3-day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I still HEART the shoes and can't think of a better use for a snake. Or, as my MIL says, the only good snake's a dead snake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so enjoy visiting your site but there might be a problem. Every time I have visited this week I get a pop up about walmart.com and them my virus protection software catches it as a threat. You might want to run a scan to see if you have something lurking.

    Thanks for all your inspriation- especially for the "plus size" group!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hate snakes! But LOVE those shoes. Too bad what they're made out of. I blame my snake phobia my 7th grade science teacher who forced all of us to hold the huge snake he kept in the classroom (yuk - clammy and wraps itself around you) and then watch it devour a baby chick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on snakes. I get the shivers and palpations just thinking about snake skin shoes. I thought the shoes were cloth until I read your post. My least favourite was that perfume ad with a snake wrapped around the model's neck. It ran for years and I never bought a thing from that company.
    Happy Labour Day weekend sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love snake print shoes & bags as long as its manmade.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the shoes! Hopefully there will be a knockoff pair out there. They would be a big hit here in Alabama where everyone loves herringbone because Bear Bryant, the beloved late coach of the University of Alabama Crimson Tide, always wore a herringbone hat. On game day people dress in herringbone from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love shoes too. That shoe is the bomb and I don't mind that they are python but for $950 I want at least 8 pairs of shoes and some snake print fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So Carolyn, what is it that you love about the shoes? The houndstooth print? Have you considered covering another pair in fabric, a la Liana? Years ago she showed how to do it on her blog, and followed that up by an article in Threads
    http://sewintriguing.blogspot.com/2009/06/im-in-threads-magazine.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh, I hate snakes too, I've been saying that since I started seeing "python" in the magazine, that is one trend you will not see me in, even though the idea of a dead snake used for its skin is much comforting that a chinchilla being used for blankets

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ditto the snake/hate fever! I can't even bare to look at pictures of them else I'll dream of the nasty animals!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ditto the snake-hate fever. I can't even look at pictures of them else bad dreams will follow!

    Anxious to see your latest creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails