However, when I went to prep it, it told me that it wanted to be something totally different. I thought a Dover Duster would be perfect and checked to make sure I had enough fabric. Luckily I did.
3 yards stretch jacquard from Fabric Mart via the collection
(Y'all better get used to me saying that because I'm committed to sewing from the collection more in 2021!)
11 3/4" black & clear buttons from the collection
7 yards black binding purchased from Bessie Pearl Textiles on IG for this project
There are no new construction techniques in this version. Although I feel like I didn't have enough fabric to lengthen this the additional 2" it needed for a hem. It's part of the reason I added the binding to the front and then decided to leave it off the hemline. Though I think that was more from project fatigue! I've used this pattern four times as a jacket and once as a maxidress. This version will work as a jacket and a maxidress.
A Few Photos ~
Worn with a turtleneck and black denim leggings...
I will probably use this pattern for another maxidress in a softer fabric when spring arrives. I love the original one and would like a couple more to add to my maxi dress collection.
...as always more later!