Sunday, February 28, 2021

What I Sewed in February 2021

While the weather was miserable for most of the month, my sewjo was on fire so I got a lot of sewing done.

I shared the following:

Denim Simplicity 8687 - finished February 1st

Style Arc Mildred Jumpsuit - finished January 30th

Dover Maxidress/Coat - finished middle of January

and 2 Pembrokes that were completed but haven't made it to the blog yet.


A black & white ponte Myosotis dress that also hasn't made it to the blog yet.

...and a half made shirt that needs more fabric to make it work.


A lot of this was accomplished because I took the week off after President's Day. I needed time to sew because ideas were flying out of my brain. I was so on fire, that I spent time cutting out several garments and have a full cut pile to work from going into March.

I bought quite a bit of fabric too.  I was at 44 yards until 16 more yards showed up from Fabric Mart yesterday. BTW, I've tracked my fabric intake/output for the last couple of years. I'm not doing it this year. One reason is because I do have more storage space now. The second reason is because since I can see ALL of my fabric, it's a natural deterrent to purchasing a lot more.  Now doesn't that last sentence make me sound like a liar.  However, I can say that quite a bit of what was purchased lately has already been cut and is waiting to be completed.

I'm not buying fabric just because it's cute. I need a purpose for it and two of the projects I cut needed 5 yard pieces which were not in the collection. I am, however, using collection fabric too so I'm calling it all good.

The blue collection sewing is proceeding and more of those pieces are being worked on now hopefully making it to the blog soon.  Weather and my pandemic mood is definitely playing a part in picture taking.

However, since my sewjo is back I wanted to document my sewing progress.


...as always more later!



15 comments:

  1. That black and floral Pembroke is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy you are sewing and blogging again. I missed you so much when you weren’t. I love that black and vibrant print blouse. Everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That firefly and dandelion puff fabric is great! Is it quilting cotton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a quilting cotton. I will admit to being addicted to them for shirts especially since I've made some stunning ones from quilting fabrics and panels.

      Delete
    2. I just finished a quilt top from this fabric from Blank Quilting. Pattern is free on their website.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous garments! The fabric used in all of them is eye catching and the patterns used, allow the fabric to be seen! Glad to see your sewjo working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shirts, they're so pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, everything is so beautiful!! I love all the fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black and white Myosotis is beautiful. Did you purchase that fabric at Sew Camp? I feel as if I've seen it before. I also love the Pembroke in the black with the flowers. It's a stunning print, and your layout is, as usual, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjie - it's from Fabric Mart but I didn't get it at Sew Camp.

      Delete
  8. I love the artistic vibe that you're giving your garments! Can't wait to see even more garments along this line. So glad you are well and feeling up to sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! The prints are beautiful. I'm glad your sewjo is back too - it sounds like you have a lot of plans you are excited about and that's always a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm doing the happy dance seeing all your fabulous garments. You definitely inspire me, Carolyn. I so appreciate your blog. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I adore the tunics from those amazing panels, the striped & floral dress is my favorite. Your vision is perfect! g

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails