Yes, I'm still sewing but as usual when sewing my mind is whirling...
1. I would love to sponsor a TNT patterns contest. Where everyone took one TNT pattern and used it at least 3x in three different ways and then we voted for best use of a pattern. After the experience of working with a TNT pattern in such an intense manner, I think I could convert 90% of you to using them more! *LOL*
2. Els asked why I sewed the buttons on the chilly day outfit the way that I did? Ummm, cause I liked it that way! *LOL* But isn't it funny how a person's comment or observation (especially one made by someone you admire) causes you to rethink or look at something you did differently?
ETA: Ummm, I didn't think that Els was criticizing my buttons at all! I was reflecting on the fact that she pointed something out that I hadn't seen...if I gave the impression that I thought I was being criticized or critiqued that was NOT what I meant to convey!!!!
3. You know I don't think I sew very well...okay, I'm not putting this out there for affirmation...this was just one of my thoughts while I was making the TNT pants pattern. I think I have more passion for the art than skill. I can sometimes be a very sloppy sewist and then at other times I'm all about the correct way to accomplish the same sewing task...
4. I really, really, really don't need another piece of fabric! I truly need to get a grip on this one...yeah, I know y'all are tired of hearing that one from me! *LOL*
5. I am getting a new sewing machine and serger this year...I will be 50 this year and this will be my present to myself...a TOL sewing machine and serger so that I don't have to get the magnifying glass out or call my daughter in to thread the needle of the serger when its late at night!
Okay now that I've had a sewing break, I'm headed back in...but can you also tell me why on earth I have managed to take a very simple sewing project and turn into the project from h*ll! Yeah more on that later!!!