Enter Vogue 9245...I've been wanting to make it up in a ponte knit...and the purple ponte knit was calling out to my purple slingbacks...so it became this:
Now when I say quickie...it truly was a quickie! The longest part of making this dress was making the pattern alterations I made last time permanent by making up an actual pattern piece instead of pivoting and sliding the pattern on the fabric. Again the entire dress was sewn on my serger.
I even only serged the neckline because even after raising it an inch it is still a titch too low for me...
...and the hemline of the dress.
However, this is still in the wearable muslin stage because even though I've got the sleeves to fit my bodacious biceps and enough fabric around my abdomen, I need to make an adjustment to the shoulder seams. They are about an inch too long so that the sleeve cap is hanging down on my shoulder, a problem I don't remember experiencing when I made it up in the ITY knit. Even though I never like to emphasize my booty, I will have to make a swayback adjustment if I want to continue to use this pattern. This is just too poor of a back fit...
But the dress looks good with my purple slingbacks doesn't it! *LOL*
Now this is a do as I say - not a do as I do moment...because I am going to wear the dress out of the house...with a sweater on top of it! *LOL* And I've already made the alterations to the pattern so that the next version will fit better.
I guess you're witnessing the process of a pattern getting to TNT status...since this particular one is better than the first but not yet at the point where I can lay it down on the fabric and end up with a great fitting dress. Don't worry, I have plenty of ponte knits to make additional versions...so stay tuned for the next one! However, it did fulfill two of my requirements today...it was quick and easy and it went with the purple slingbacks!