So following the advice given, we took to the sidewalk outside my home to take pictures during the cloudy/overcast part of the day on Sunday. They all came out crappy. Seriously crappy. Most were unfocused...none worked on the Canon Rebel. The outside shots included in this post were taken on my iPad. The pics by the Christmas Tree were taken inside with the point and shoot. To me they look the most like me...sad right?!?
I will honestly tell you that I'm about disgusted with the Canon Rebel and the learning curve. I would box it up and send it back BUT I keep thinking that if I finally get my act together some day I WILL be able to take pics by myself with the tripod and remote that I now own...something I can't do with the point and shoot. So the Canon sits while my daughter and I will go back to taking pics with the point and shoot.
Honestly I need to lose 10 lbs for this dress. There's a lot of sucking in going on here. I have lost ten pounds recently due to a diet change dictated by my doctor. But this dress is still tight. I don't know what I did when I was making the pattern alterations because it was based upon my TNT dress. If I were to make this dress again, I would add an inch to the center of the dress front pattern piece to give me the additional needed space...if I make it again...which I highly doubt...not because it's not a great design but because this dress is so distinctive.
This fabric picked up every piece of lint around. Of course it wasn't noticeable until we took these close up shots of the design features. Will definitely have to lint roll this dress before wearing it out in public.
I've already moved onto constructing pieces of the Crazy 8 wardrobe...just wanted to share photos of me wearing the dress. I think the dress has a lot of potential and if you're up for the challenge of sewing 14 pieces for a sheath dress...go for it!
...as always more later!