Saturday, April 25, 2015

Miss Sammy wearing Vogue 8060

Do you know how hard it is to get a 15 month old baby girl to stand still and pose? Dayum near impossible! We ended up bribing her with a Twizzler and then I still only got a couple of usable pictures! So you don't have to worry there won't be a boatload of "cute" baby pictures to ooooohhhh and aaaahhhhh over! *LOL*

Pictures first ~

Sammy's Version of the Milly Dress ~


The Yellow Seersucker Dress ~

Can't believe we got a back shot!

Black Denim with Lace Trim ~

Denim Pinstripe Dress with Pink Floral Accent ~
This was how most of the pictures ended up!
It was a challenge to say the least!!!


The Denim Floral Dress ~

A little more about the pattern, etc. ~
If you look at the pattern envelope you will see that I basically did with this little girls' pattern what I do with my own - use it as a blueprint and get all creative on it. None of my versions are included in the pattern envelope - the dresses are all flights of my imagination and internet research. 

The original pattern has a button band on the back - I totally disregarded that. I added invisible zippers, button and loop closures, a shoulder button closure and openings in the front neckline. I omitted the overlay pictured on the pattern envelope and used different types of embellishments to enhance the dress.

I also changed the silhouette on the pattern by folding it down and altering. I guess I should have made pattern pieces but Miss Sammy is 15 months old and will be a totally different size in a couple of months. It was just not worth the effort to me.

Lastly, Miss Lena was mighty jealous of her sister's new pieces so she tried a few on.  This was very enlightening because except for length, they are able to wear the exact same size! This will make sewing garments for Miss Lena so much easier!

I will be working on little girl dresses for a little longer since it's now Miss Lena's turn! Again if little girls outfits bore you I will be back to sewing for me shortly.

Parting Shots ~
I posted this shot to Instagram but loved it so much that I wanted to share it here. BTW, most of the dresses were shared on my Instagram account. If you're not following me already, you should! I usually sneak peek there first before writing blog posts here.



Finally a shot of all ten dresses I made for Sammy all lined up...




...as always more later!


50 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. She is just precious! <3 Love the dresses and the sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy is so gorgeous. Her new dresses are so beautiful. Looking foward to seeing what you come up with for Lena also!
    I used to love sewing for my daughter when she was little and fitting wasn't a concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby and I love her dresses! Thanks for sharing the modeled pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I don't have any special interest in sewing for little children anymore, your granddaughter is SO cute, how could it be boring? The dresses are fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful baby! The dresses are pretty cool too ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, she is gorgeous!!!!

    I cannot believe you whipped up 10 dresses! They're all amazing! The Milly is still doing it for me. Swoooooon!

    I am right with Sammy...I'm chewing on Twizzlers now :-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a a precious wardrobe you made Miss Sammy! She is darling. A simple ALine can be switched out so many ways and is almost the only pattern you need for a sweety little girl. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Lena. Isn't it amazing how quickly they work up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lucky little girl! She is adorable, and looks lovely in each of the creative dresses. Excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so cute on a real model! I guess it helps to have an adorable model to work with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, these are too cute! And yes, OMG, the pain of shooting kids! When they're a little older, showing them the picture preview helps a lot, but at 15 months, that doesn't really work yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. I don't have any girls to sew for. So your grands are my "girl fix" for the day. Being surrounded by men who don't care about clothes is no fun. And all my local friends have girls who are grown. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those dresses are fantastic, and I want that Milly fabric so much! adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack! So freaking cute! The first one with poppies and the denim with lace trim are my favorites! I want that denim/lace one in my size!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous model --I especially love the one where she's holding on to Mommy's leg. Children at that age hate posing for pictures. My grandson is the same way. I love these posts - can't wait to see Lena's fashion show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie! takes after her Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She it too cute, and the dresses are just adorable. What a perfect model!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy! They are all gorgeous as is Sammy. I am sewing a lot for my almost three yr old and it is very satisfying and quick! Less fitting issues than for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cutie pie and what a lovely grandma making all those lovely dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is she too young to be excited about her new wardrobe? What a lucky little girl and no wonder miss Lena is chomping at the bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That little girl is so darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sammy is so cute and I love her dresses. I would never get tired of seeing little girl dresses so look forward to the ones you make for Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So precious! Love seeing these pics. Beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carolyn, she is so adorably precious and the dresses are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can imagine how much fun it was to sew little girl dresses. No fitting issues and a chance to be creative with trims and remnants of favorite fabrics. She looks adorable in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. lucky, beautiful girlie! she has her own personal sweatshop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those dresses are adorable and your little angel looks beautiful! You've created a perfect collection!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So adorable! Those days are not very far behind me. In fact I find my 3 year old is only marginally easier to photograph. I think you did exceptionally well with the photos. And perfect use of those little remnants.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful baby and beautiful dresses!!! You are an awesome Grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is adorable as are all the dresses! My daughter just turned two last week. Now, when I pull out a camera, she screams "no!" at me and runs away. Challenging is an understatement :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. She's gorgeous! Those eyes are amazing. she looks like a little ball of fun - and I see you in her. The dresses are too cute. She has such a brilliant and creative grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, that baby! Oh, those dresses! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous dresses for an adorable baby. You are so creative with your variations. I'm impressed you managed to get any stills of a little one that age.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is one very lucky young lady. You do know that you're creating the next generation of Fashionistas!! Wonderful wardrobe, glorious baby.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I told you that Miss Lena would be jealous! She is precious and looks absolutely fabulous in her very chic wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beauiful Dress for a beautiful baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a little Cutie Pie! Thanks for sharing these Carolyn. She does those pretty little dresses justice, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cant wait to see the next set of dresses. These were georgeous

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness....she's so adorable. And so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How gorgeous is she? No wonder you want to make her dresses by the dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Adorable baby and dresses! The black denim and yellow seersucker are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Miss Sammy looks so adorable in those pretty dresses. Great sewing and great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely, all of those dresses, and Sammy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  43. She is so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG! She is adorable, so stinking cute. I thought the dresses were cute but on her they are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh gosh, so cute! I understand the struggle! I have an 11 month old and 85% of my pictures have some sort of motion blur in them! I love the new wardrobe for little missy!


    www.StyleSewMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Darling child, lucky grandma, and fabulous collection you've put together for her. You're inspiring me to sew...if I ever reconnect with my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  47. How did I miss this post??? ALL ADORABLE, just like little Sammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a little cutie pie! All the dresses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails