Wednesday, February 06, 2008

No sewing going on here...

I mean I have to go to work every day and sometimes work gets really busy - out of the house at 5:45 am back in the house at 8 or 9 pm so there just isn't much sewing going on...

However, there is purchasing going on...well that is one of the reasons that I put with the hellish hours to make money to buy sewing stuff and oh yeah, to have a place to put it! *LOL*

Here's what came yesterday:


Yeap, my ATS order arrived lickety split! Now I have thread but no where to put it!


I only own two of these thread holders (toy car carriers purchased from Wal-Marts - who no longer makes them!) and I think I am going to have to investigate finding something else like them because I love these things!

I also got this today:


Now what does this movie have to do with sewing? If you can get your hands on a copy, rent it. Lana Turner wears some amazing outfits in this movie and I just love them! It kinda goes with the Oleg Cassini book, "A Thousand Days of Magic" that I keep thumbing through and drooling over!

Finally, I hardly ever look at the New Look patterns because usually they are only graded up only to a size 18. So imagine my surprise when I found these two in a size 22!

New Look 6779


New Look 6788

I immediately put them in the shopping cart and bought them...so they are winging their way to me as we speak. They should make cute summer work outfits, right?!

I did baste the collar onto the Barrie Pace jacket and I have to admit that after a couple of days of seeing the collar on the jacket, I am inspired to finish it. It will be a cute jacket, will go with several dresses already in my wardrobe, as well as, and the dress that I want to make!

I probably won't be blog again until the weekend, work is just that crazy! Hopefully I can get that jacket finished and in wearable shape so that I can move on! I'm really ready to move on! *LOL*

15 comments:

  1. What great cases! I use plastic carry cases for my threads similar to http://www.acco.com.au/zoom.asp?P=846&F=http://www.acco.com.au/products/images/sm_22002%20Clear%20Case%20WBlack%20Handles%20Open.jpg
    They haven't got all those dividers in but they can be filed easily and you can see through the sides.
    Nice patterns you've chosen. Can't wait to see them made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you leave home at 5.45? I didn't even know there was a 5.45 in the morning...lol!

    No wonder you don't get anytime during the week to sew. And I promise not to ever complain again when my alarm goes off at 6.00!

    Nice purchases too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to pick up the first pattern also,,, thanks for posting, I can definiately work that into my wardrobe, and I'm drooling over your new thread,,,, wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very cute pattern!!!!! I didn't notice that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the cutest things. I'm feeling like I'm in a sewing black hole these days. January felt productive and February feels stalled. UGH!!! Hope you get some recovery and sewing time this weekend. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those cases for your thread!And cute patterns also.
    Now your relax and take a break!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out The Container Store for thread containers. They have lots of gizmos and might have one the right size. I use one for my bobbins and one for my presser feet. These would be too small for your threads, but they may have one that's larger.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. To think I thought I was the only one up at that hour....lol You have some great purchases there.. and like the New Look patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn, I hear ya on the crazy working schedule - I often think if I quit work I'd have more time to sew, but then I realize I'd have no place to wear my cool clothes! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

    I love the patterns you posted, but New Look doesn't think I deserve to own these designs. Once again the boneheads at New Look can't be bothered to grade the patterns down to my size. I don't get it - if they can start some of their patterns at size 6, why can't all the patterns start at size 6? (In the same vein, if they can make these babies in size 22, why can't they all be made in size 22?) Every time I see this inconsistent sizing, it works me up into a little snit!! Argh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NL 6788 has your name written *all* over it! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Check the maker of the toy car carriers. Chances are they still make them and Walmart no longer carries them. If anything does not hit a monthly sales quota at Walmart they quit carrying it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the car carrier as thread holder. If you come up with a substitute I hope that you will share it with us.
    Patterns are perfect for you.
    Now the thread is almost as good as unpacking fabric. Reminds me of when I still worked as an artist and would receive a shipment of new pastels. I would have to try them all out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thread: I have way too much to give each spool its own little nest, so I offer it dormitory space. I sort it by color into tilt-out bins that hang on the wall. It looks festive and in color families, it gives the mistaken impression that I am an organized person. http://www.shoplet.com//office/db/g23619.html

    Just wanted to offer something else to spend your hard-earned money on. -Karla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for storing thread.

    I thought I was the only person who enjoyed watching old movies for the fashion. chuckle, chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of those are GREAT patterns. I can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails