Monday, February 18, 2008

I have been radio silent...

I know that you've been wondering where I've been 'cause I've been radio silent for over a week...which is so totally unlike me! But work was just overwhelming the last two weeks and believe it or not I had no desire to sew! Even a looming three-day weekend did nothing to ignite my desire and I'm sure it didn't help that I was tired and catching a cold.

However, I did manage to turn my mind from work related things so several posts follow on just general sewing information and finally yesterday afternoon I dragged myself out of bed to make the twinset described in the next few posts. After I get off the computer, I am going to cut out another one because they are simple fast sews with a lot of bang for the buck! They will also add some color to my winter wardrobe that I am just SICK, SICK, SICK of wearing!

The Barrie Pace jacket is hanging and I will get back to it next weekend. I have had some time to think about the construction challenges and I will address them now that I have a plan. I will also work on the coordinating dress for the jacket maybe before I finish the jacket since it will provide incentive to get the danged thing done.

And I am borrowing Summerset's closing shot:


My thread on the thread rack looking amazing in all of its colors! Several people did send me a link to www.spacesavers.com where the car cases can be purchased. I have an order in for three more and we just won't talk about the fabric that I have ordered in the last few days trying to get my sewing mojo back!

I hope you enjoy the following posts, a pic of me actually wearing the twinset will surface soon....and I'm back! *LOL*

6 comments:

  1. I love the thread, all organized like that. Very inspiring seeing all the colors at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn -- so glad you're back, and you've already been sewing (gorgeous border print twinset) -- have fun stuffing those hot wheels cases with more thread! --Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you may have been radio silent but thanks for making up for it big time! Glad you weren't struck down for days with the flu or respiratory things my preschoolers and their families have been battling the last 3 or 4 weeks.

    Thanks for all the great information. Love the fabric and twin set. Great combination and treatment for the border fabric. Thanks for the measurement info. I already do some of it but look forward to trying the rest.

    Welcome back. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to see you back posting, because I love seeing what amazing things you've made. My husband is not so happy though - I've just demanded he make me a thread rack too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to see you back posting, because I love seeing what amazing things you've made. My husband is not so happy though - I've just demanded he make me a thread rack too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those car case carriers are great for thread. I purchased one as a Christmas gift for my grandson, but decided not to give it to him. I saw the thread tip somewhere before I returned the case. It works and can even be hung on the wall. I got mine at Walmart for $4.99 before Christmas, but when I went back for more they were all gone. Rats!
    mkhughes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails